Mystic Faerie, your least favourite card/s

6 Haunted Days

Well I figuired she pictured him juggling them to convey that whole other aspect of the Magician, the juggler/jester side.

While I do like that aspect, I don't like his face. Looks like an annoying ex-boyfriend lol. Come to think of it , the men in this deck look very similar.

WaterSong

willowfox said:
Again I am still having this problem with the two of wands meaning a partnership and having two faeries on it, also the 3 wands is strange also, the 4 wands of wands meaning receiving a gift does not gel either.

the suit of wands is the one that is the most difficcult for me in this deck, because the emaning of the cards can only be understood if you read the stories , fables, that accompany each suit...

They do follow the traditional blueprint though, if you really read carefully the description in the book....the 2 of wands traditionally does include the emaning of the forming of a partership, of the ebginning of an enterprise...soomething has been fromed form the initial spark of the Ace, not fully formed ....this is number 2, the partership number....
The number 3 she says in the book that represents the time to move forward, that is a time to make a map of your journey and that fits with the traditional meaning of the 3 of wands...a time when what was achived in the 2 starts to grow, you can envision what is ahead and waht is coming...your projects, ideas start to look possible....there is a looking at the future energy here and that goes well with "perparing a map" as said in the book...

The 4 of wands it is traditionally a cards of celebration and well deserved rest, it is a card where we enjoy a solid foundation...this card can signify a vacation, a comfortable, happy home...in the book it is said "a gift is given"...well, i have had this card (the traditional one) come up for me when I did receive a "gift"...that is the way the reader, a very skilled Tarot reader interpreted it....she told me that I would be receiving a gift, a long awaited break after a long difficult period....

So the traditional menaing are there but expressed in different words and imagery...once you read the story you will make better sense of it...

I hope this helped you some and I did not end up confusing you more :)

xoxoxox
magenta

Hemera

Thank you, magenta, this helped me to understand the 2 of Wands better!

I have found the 3 and 4 to follow the traditional blueprints better and I have been able to understand those cards more easily.

I have written in my notes (long ago, so I do not remember the source of this) that you should always ask the 3 of Wands three questions: Are you waiting for someone? Are you going somewhere? What must you leave behind? These questions have always been able to get to the core of this card in a reading. And they seem to suit this particular 3 of Wands quite well. The faeries are probably asking these very questions!

4 of Wands is traditionally called the Card of Harvest. The harvest is in, and that surely is a great gift! (I am a farmer, growing wheat, so you can take my word for it!! :D) It is time to celebrate life, completion and a succesful conclusion.

Skydancer

Can't decide, but I think I don't relate well to the King of Pentacles. He's just ... sitting there. Not conveying any message -- at least not to me. Yet.

In a world of plenty, he is sitting quietly. Looking at the reader. As if asking ME what to do next. Why won't HE tell ME? Isn't that what he's there for?? To tell me something??

Maybe he is just quietly listening. Listening to me. I am in the mundane world, I am in the land of the living humans; maybe with his immense knowledge of all things material he is in no need to hurry. So - he is waiting for me to speak first.

Hmmm ... I think I'm liking him better already.

*S*

also: if the kings seem young (I peeked!!) maybe it's because 1) we equate maturity on all levels with physical maturity, or 2) because the fae age differently than we do. ??

Hemera

Skydancer said:
Hmmm ... I think I'm liking him better already.

LOL. I also like the Magician a lot more after I started the thread for him!

So, how about strting a thread to this King? You could basically just re-write what you just say here. You could even copy-paste this to "start a thread" and then just pm Sulis that you have started one.

willowfox

hemera said:
4 of Wands is traditionally called the Card of Harvest. The harvest is in, and that surely is a great gift! (I am a farmer, growing wheat, so you can take my word for it!! :D) It is time to celebrate life, completion and a successful conclusion.

Well, according to the author she sees the 4 pents as the card of harvest, and a time of preparation for the future.

Other decks call this the "miser" card, the card of the selfish who hoard their things and money, the people who hide their money in the cupboard with no thought of investment for the future, so in the end they end up penniless.

So, how does Barbara Moore find this a good card with no hint of miserliness?

Hemera

Oh, it´s her interpretation of it, I guess?
I guess as an author she has a right to make her own interpretations,eh? :D
Whenever I come across authors and artists own ideas in decks I usually take it that I´m free to use either the original RWS meanings *or* the ones the author/artist has intended.

AngelC

I almost ordered this deck, I came as close as the final button to confirm my Amazon order, then canceled this deck and just ordered the rest.
That Magician was part of it - he DOES look like a kid with weird arms to me.
I'll think I'll wait until I can see all the cards somewhere, but even then it's a long-shot.

AngelC

willowfox

AngelC said:
I almost ordered this deck, I came as close as the final button to confirm my Amazon order, then canceled this deck and just ordered the rest.
That Magician was part of it - he DOES look like a kid with weird arms to me.
I'll think I'll wait until I can see all the cards somewhere, but even then it's a long-shot.

AngelC

Don't be too put off by the kid with the funny arms, throwing playing cards around as some of the other cards are quite lovely.

What we should do is complain and get Ravenscroft to redraw the Magician, and have them send every purchaser the replacement card free of charge.

Hemera

willowfox said:
What we should do is complain and get Ravenscroft to redraw the Magician, and have them send every purchaser the replacement card free of charge.

LOL.
I actually like the Magician more after I wrote about him and read magenta´s comments and some other comments about him.
I think this is why these study groups are so great. You get to see the cards through other people´s eyes and you notice many new things that way.