Konraad's Past Life Spread pt. 1

Jewel

Kaz said:
Jewel, I can only second what Thirteen said, awesome reading here........unreal.

Kaz

Now that I have 2 "Awsome" votes does that mean that I get to be "The Queen of the Past Life Spread" like Bec is the "Queen of Reversals" ~giggles madly~ ... just joking.

Thirteen

Jewel said:

That's it? I did that good? ~giggles~ Thanks Thirteen! I would love to hear any comments. Out of curiousity Thirteen, what was it that amazed you?

I think the speed and ease at which this spread came together for you. Maybe Cosmic Tribe was the key--I really think of all spreads this one requires the right deck, and that the wrong one can confuse matters. Nevertheless, with all the decks I've tried with this spread, I've rarely seen it come together so holistically--and never so fast. Very impressive.

One question--did you get any feel for time and place in that past life? I think Konraad intended for the spread to be not just a general story, but actually a specific feeling of where, when, how.

bec

my turn

lets see what I can get from this.
I use shapeshifter, and I have thought about what to do with the additional 3 majors it has.

I write as I read them so no prior note books here, and I don´t take the additionals out.

here goes:

Throne 1: The Sacred Flame (swords)
rebirth(death),choice(devil),transcendance(judgement) and initiation (fool)

ok, seem my early childhood and destiny have a poor start, and these cards does seem very tuff on a kid just starting life.

Sarting life with rebirth indicates to me that I have been here several times and that my soul or life energy has some tuff bargains before taking in the new life opportunity and start initiations.

The poor health as a kid I can relate to, everything a kid could have I had.

I can also relate to the cards saying that every lesson and every change in life has been hard battles for me to overcome, always having to "stand trial" for what I wanted to do and what I should be doing. These are some "bad" cards for me to see as they bring up some scary memories from childhood, and as the initiation is the last is a fact, that my childhood did not truly begin before most peeps would think it should end.

continued:

bec

throne 2

ace The Garden: pentacles
sorceress(hp), the moon, the double, shapeshifter(hanged man) and the journey.

so ace indicates favorable conditions.

the sorceress is cooking up all kind of goodies, only she knows what will come out of it, that is me alright.
The moon here is the same as I took it fore with kaz´s cards, howling wtih the rest for no other reason than that is what all do.

Still hp is not meant to just howl with the others, so that brings in the double in life, who do I cheat here, them or me - me of course - everything else would be an illussion, I know, I have been there.

The double showing that living is one thing - desire of how to live entirely different.

Where I am at in career now is in the shapeshifter, I do not work, though a lot is happening with in, and I suffer big time :D trying to complete my education as reflexologist, that is what I want and that is what many would think as a "just for fun job" at least in my environment.

Having the Journey as the last card in career makes me smile one of my little victory smiles, cause this card shows that the fool did not fall over the cliff, but made it to the path where he is truly ready to start of his own journey on his very own path. No more howling with the pack, I am ready to be just me.

continues;

bec

throne 3

ace The Four Winds (wands)
sorcerer(magician),Oneness(the world),knowledge(hierophant), the star, the circle (wheel of fortune)

conflicts in realtions, oh yeah biiiiig time :D hehe
as the aces name The Four Winds, that is definetly me, all 4 winds blows when you are dealing with me, can you take we have a great time if you can´t I will properly blow you away like some kind of hurricane.

sorcerer here is me I think. I will be the one to tell you how and where in life you do good, and what you may need to do different to succeed in what you want. I will be happy to analyze and tell you even if you did not ask, I might even let you in on some tricks that is not known by all.

I am very close in relations, I do not work well with relations that only is on the surface, if you want to get involved with me we become one, completing the circle, everything or nothing.

Though of course it is easy to be with me like that because I am also a true hierophant, I call them as I see them and everything must be justified. So what we have here is that not only do I go very close to person - I also tell what I see and why.

Along with that as this was not enough ;) I bring intuition and mystery in the realtion too, I do have a habbit of "knowing" people before they even start tell about them self, and I do not always have the courtesy to not tell them. You come the farest with the truth no matter how cruel it may be.

As I see it many take the truth as a judgemental thing - but to me the it is necessary to know one another.

With this behaviour of mine I have chosen my seat in life on the big wheel, and I am aware of that many fall of my wheel cause they can´t keep up, I am to harsh, blunt, close, everything. But the ones that don´t fall - that is the ones I call true friends.

continues:

bec

throne 4:

ace The Well (cups)

the father(emperor), serpent(tower), the dreamer, balance(temperance)the mother(empress), the seer (hermit), nature(justice), and power (chariot)

The Well - beauty

now here is just to many cards for me :( oh dear what to do.

who was I ? I think I have been a strong psycich being able to bring earth and spirits together, maybe a media of a kind.

maybe that is why I don´t feel any of that in this lifetime ?

I could use some help on this one .......

mooncat2

Help, please

I've been longing to do this spread since I first saw it and at last found the time. It's amazing - like having your life spread out on the table. But I ha d problems with throne 1 - I simply cannot get a story from these cards and think I must be missing something that should be obvious. I had to leave it and move around the circle. I had no problems with 2 & 3 - everything was very clear.The past life came without even trying.
The problem begins with the throne 1 ace Wands meaning work & responsibility - are we allowed to be a bit flexible here. If I read it as having responsibilty for my own individuality, creative expression then it begins to make sense but I still have difficulty with the cards. Would anyone else care to have a go. The cards are Ace Wands, Chariot, Temperance, Justice,Wheel and the Tower underneath.

Here's something I found totally fascinating. With an interest in numerology I'm always adding up the cards. I added up the total of my past life cards and it came to 88 - 16 - 7 - The Tower. That is the card 19 in throne 1. Its also the numbers of my birthname which in a numerology chart is the Destiny number.

Any help here would be appreciated. Thanks

Thirteen

Re: throne 4:

bec said:
ace The Well (cups)

the father(emperor), serpent(tower), the dreamer, balance(temperance)the mother(empress), the seer (hermit), nature(justice), and power (chariot)

The Well - beauty

now here is just to many cards for me :( oh dear what to do.

I looked at some of the shapeshifter tarot--and I've a few thoughts; might be totally wrong, but I'll give it a try here--and depending on what feels right or wrong (rings true or not), you might be able to take it from there.

We start off in your past live in the care of a powerful father. There is a catastrophe, your father's house (or rule) falls--or is brought down by some enemy. You're left alone, forced to find your own way to deal with the terrible tragedy which has torn your world asunder. You went into hiding.

Here's where the "beauty" part comes in: I think your hid by the seashore, maybe even on an island. Isolated, but dreamlike, beautiful. There, you healed, came to terms with what had happened, transformed yourself, found balance. You were contacted bya woman of power who viewed you as a daughter--perhaps an aunt or relation who brought you into her world. You developed even more into a wise woman--studied, found a place for yourself--but one that didn't involve power, as you didn't want a repeat of what had happened with your father. Time/nature took care of those who did you and/or your father wrong; they got what they deserved, justice was done. And there, at the end, is your card, the Chariot. Success, personal victory, forward momentum, a protective shell about you.

Does this ring true? Does it fit? Examine the cards again, and see what fits, feels right or not. Adjust and change the story as needed. I think you can see where some of this made its way into your present life--how you dealt with your childhood problems, how you are in career, and in relationships.

Thirteen

Re: Help, please

mooncat2 said:
The problem begins with the throne 1 ace Wands meaning work & responsibility - are we allowed to be a bit flexible here. If I read it as having responsibilty for my own individuality, creative expression then it begins to make sense but I still have difficulty with the cards. Would anyone else care to have a go. The cards are Ace Wands, Chariot, Temperance, Justice,Wheel and the Tower underneath.

Absolutely you can be flexable. Work/responsibility might mean you were a latchkey kid--expected to make your own dinner, or take care of your younger siblings, or earn your allowance each month. Very flexable.

Tower underneath implies that you were in a family where some things were either kept secret or just not talked about. And this is where the "responsibilty" comes in. If your family isn't open about certain things, then it becomes your responsibilty to learn and work them out on your own.

Wheel indicates a certain amount of personal luck and fortune helping you out, as well as fairness. The family might not have been open about certain things, but you were treated fairly. Temperance and Chariot is pretty much what you mentioned, having to find your own individuality (Chariot) and be forceful about it, and develop your own personality and balance (temperance).

Does any of this ring true?

Kaz

hy bec,
good reading there, about 4th throne, i like thirteens story about it, for me its also too much cards :(

kaz