Boxes...

JOdel

Once upon a time, a friend hauled me out to the Westpack show. It's a trade show for packagers. Any kind of packaging for any kind of product that you can think of.

Probably overkill, but if there's a packaging show anywhere in your area it might be worth it to find box-makeres and see how much a custom box of a given size runs, and what a minimum order is. Would be fairly enteraining, at least.

There's a different show coming up in Chicago in November, and Westpack is in Anaheim in February.

RavenDarkWind

Not sure if it'll be economic, but two-piece boxes might work.

blackroseivy

I personally like the window box, I can put a title card in there. :)

tarotbear

Wow! That first link is amazing!

Attached is the Tarot Box template as it appears on TGC, also, the design for my box (3000 x 2475 pixels), and the finished box ... for comparison purposes ...

Attachments

• tarot-tuck-box Template.jpg
    tarot-tuck-box Template.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 116
  • New Box Design A.jpg
    New Box Design A.jpg
    267.2 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_7709.JPG
    IMG_7709.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 127

blackroseivy

The feedback here has been phenomenal, thanks so much everyone!! :D

Madame

Great thread!

You know, the past few days I've been thinking about this as well (although I should probably be more worried about getting the actual cards done! lol)

I decided that I will probably offer a box-free, simply shrink wrapped option for those out there who are not interested in having a box anyway. That way the cost is lowered for them (and myself) and there won't be any wasting going on.

But for the boxed option, I assumed I would simply go with the standard tuck box... but the two part box is enticing... I bet it would cost more though. Maybe I'm wrong? I know it would probably take a little more time, with proofing and all. Ordering a sample to make sure it's a good fit and that it looks right.

tarotbear

I believe that on MPC and Printer's Studio there is no minimum, so you could order only one to see how it looks, and then put in a different new order for the rest without a box.

However, you still have to design the entire box first - even if you decide not to use it in the end! :(

Your mileage may vary ....

HudsonGray

How about offering a bag or pouch instead? From prior discussions here I've found that a lot of people actually prefer getting that instead of a box. If you sew they really aren't that hard to make up.