JOURNAL SUPPORT GROUP!

Mysticalmom

i love to journal, my handwriting isnt very neat but I still would rather put pen to paper then type on the computer. Plus, I can bring it with me easier than a computer, well, I guess I could use an Ipad but that defeats the purpose LOL.

I just like to write, keep track of thoughts, and all of the good stuff.

inanna_tarot

OK decided that I really want to do this properly and get a nice journal and a new fountain pen, dig out my old inks etc :D

Will have to wait a while to sort out a nice pen though, I'm not into cheap FP from Staples, so will find something nice to write with, and an nice journal. If I am going to write the mysteries of the Universe each day, I shall do so in such a way I will find it a guilty pleasure to write as it is to work with the cards everyday!

I think I just worked my High Priestess, Moon and Devil card all into one then ;)

Glass Owl

Over the years I have been using old journals to record readings. I accumulated several of them over the years when I would start journaling and then forget about them or give up.

But I have been finding that recording readings this way is a bit on the boring side. My handwriting tends to get messy and I leave out information sometimes. Plus, I dislike the fact that the journals don't lay flat and pages can't be removed.

So in the past week or so I have been considering the idea of using 3 ring binders to record readings and perhaps starting journaling by focusing on particular decks (something I hadn't even considered before!). I use them for my spread collection although for journaling and spread recording I would forego the sheet protectors and just house a number of pages in them and write in the binder. I like the idea that the pages are removable, the binder will remain flat when opened, and those tab pages can be added so sections can be marked off. I also like the fact that one can print out pages to be used in them or use lined note book paper. I have already created a few templates for recording Lenormand readings and I am looking into creating more.

Plus, I love the idea of being able to customize the look of the binder. I can use binders that have those clear pockets so decorative paper can be placed in them and there are sites like Zazzle where you can customize binders with your own text, artwork, etc. This is a really nice option if you want to start a journal for a particular deck and want a binder that complements it. I am so tempted to get a Thor binder and use it to journal with my Norse decks.

celticnoodle

Haven't read through all the postsyet, but I thank GD for starti g this thread that just might help me! :)

Hi GreatDane :D thanks on setting up the thread and speaking to the mods on where to put it :)

CONFESSION.
I am a journoholic, yet the worst kind of journoholic - I start journals with full intent for it to be the most magical, amazing, insightful journey of self-discovery.
After day 3, days 4-`10 get missed, then I get distracted and then its an empty book.
sounds like me! I have a few journals started, but after a few days, lose thhe time and/or interest in them and before I k ow it, huge gaps of time are between pages. Perhaps this thread will help. At any rate, I am willing to give it a try, so thank you, GD! :)

Now I only have to decide which deck to journal about!

greatdane

I have more than one, Celticnoodle, sooo

I will start with the one that will be most "new" to me, the Boho gothic that should be here any day! BUT I want to journal with the Marseille deck I have, as that is what I am working at reading with, but also I want to go back and journal with decks I love and I journalled with in the past. The Anna.K for one. I also didn't have the FIRST ED Boho Gothic til recently, so haven't journalled with that one, but will. The Pamela Commemorative deck is the one I turn to most of the time and while I'm very comfortable with it, I want to journal with that one too. Then there's the Victorian Romantic. That ought to keep me busy for awhile, just the ones I've listed! The Bohemian Gothic and the Victorian Romantic are the ones I really feel a NEED to journal with because while they're RWS basically, I can't just look at some of the cards and think oh right that's the..... And the Marseille, well unillustrated pips is a bit of a challenge for me, but I'm getting it, so that will be after the first deck I journal with. I plan on spending probably the most time with the Marseille Journal I will do because it's so new to me. SO EXCITED! I love the feeling of putting pen to paper, the art and act of writing. It's such an organic experience. Feels more personal than just doing on the computer, although nothing wrong with that if that's what works for someone. But to actively write, I love that experience of pouring my thoughts out on paper!

seven stars

Journaling is the sort of thing that if you don't do it, later on you really wish you had. For me, I do street readings mostly (although, this summer I didn't do very many), & I've had SO MANY interesting experiences - then later when I recall them when talking with people sometimes I forget some of the cards or a few of the details.

I also leave a lot of room at the bottom of the page AFTER a reading. This is so that later on, if that querant comes back, I can write about whatever it was that I got right. This happens a lot - once, this guy from South America came back to me after a YEAR & said that everything that I had predicted had come true - and he brought his entire family - straight from South America - & wanted me to read for all of them (none of them spoke English). At the time I really wished I had journaled or even remembered what I told the guy a year prior - sometimes when I have a ton of readings I can't journal all of them or I'd be up all night.

Also, I know so many people in here have fascinating or even eerily creepy experiences with readings that they hope to one day write a book about. I'm one of those who "will eventually write a book".

Since I make all my own journals (& oh, just an fyi, I did GreatDane's personalized journals for her :). If you are looking for something special for your journal, feel free to go to my site), although if I read with a lot of different decks I would prefer to have them with the particular deck on the cover like she wanted, but for me, I want mine to be purely chronological - & so I have them by year & I don't care what deck I used. It's important for a lot of people to go by decks, for me it's more about the interesting experiences.

greatdane

My Journals

The journals I ordered reflect a THEME for a deck more than the deck itself. A Marseille picture on a cover but not from my Marseille deck. I still don't have my Bohemian Gothic deck in my hands, but asked seven stars for something in keeping with the theme of gothic as in gothic architecture, as far as I know seven stars doesn't take actual cards from a deck and do covers, but she might. I don't really need a journal with a cover of any exact card from a deck I'm journalling with, but since I don't have a ton, just having a theme (like something victorian for the Victorian Romantic), I find much easier to find quickly.

seven stars

The journals I ordered reflect a THEME for a deck more than the deck itself. A Marseille picture on a cover but not from my Marseille deck. I still don't have my Bohemian Gothic deck in my hands, but asked seven stars for something in keeping with the theme of gothic as in gothic architecture, as far as I know seven stars doesn't take actual cards from a deck and do covers, but she might. I don't really need a journal with a cover of any exact card from a deck I'm journalling with, but since I don't have a ton, just having a theme (like something victorian for the Victorian Romantic), I find much easier to find quickly.

Ya I could if they had a scan from a really old deck or something, I just don't want to put something on a journal that would upset anyone with copyrights is all. People usually just message me about stuff like that & we talk about options beforehand.