Best Schools

gustavobernardes

Hey everyore.
What is the best school for learning tarot in world, in your opinion?
I've been thinking in doing a graduate in other country.
Tks

Tanga

gustavobernardes...
I cannot help - except to say you should perhaps post this question in the "Talking Tarot" section of AT where more people with see it quicker... (** Oh - haha - we've been moved there now :D ).

(and if so - direct anyone on this thread to go and answer there, otherwise we'll have 2 threads with the same question).

Does a graduate course exist?
And - I've only ever been "officially taught" Tarot in one place (not a graduate course) - which was a 3-term course at the College of Psychic studies in Kensington, London, UK.
Long ago.
Otherwise it's all my own reading, meeting with other Tarot enthusiasts at meetings or workshops etc., and learning from this Forum.

:)

** Ah yes - as Krawof says - there are a numerous on-line courses offered:
Biddy Tarot, The Tarot Lady, and Joan Bunning ("Learning the Tarot") are ones I've looked at which
look good.
I couldn't recommend one as I haven't done any of them - but I do follow information and articles on their websites.

Aeclectic Tarot, is of course - as wonderful resource for learning. :) :)**

Krawof

I have learnt Tarot by myself so I don't know any school teach about Tarot.
But, I think if you want you can join online course of Biddy or I guess there are lot of online course :)

Shade

There is The Tarot School (they host Readers Studio each year): http://www.tarotschool.com

I've always wanted to go to Mary Greer and Rachel Pollack's class at the Omega Institute.

Grizabella

You're looking right at the very best Tarot school in the world. :) This forum is better than anywhere else you could learn, bar none. And it's free, which is certainly affordable.

I don't believe in Tarot schools. Schools will teach you their meanings and their ways of using the cards. In order to read the cards, it's best to learn in your own way, in your own time, and there's just no substitute for that.

If you're looking to get "certified", you don't need any kind of certificate. The people who come to you for readings couldn't care less about a certificate. They just want answers to their questions and if you've learned your way and in your own time, you'll be able to give them that beautifully. :)

Tanga

:)
People learn in different ways - and I found that going to a "physical Tarot school"
(complete with guinea pig sitters whom we could record ourselves reading for, and later have
discussion and feedback from the tutor) was extremely helpful for me.
I always learn better in a live inter-active environment, at least to start with, when I'm a beginner. Things just stick in my head more clearly.

So - I do believe in Tarot schools. (assuming one can afford it).

gustavobernardes

Thanks

Thankss For everyone... I will see =D

ldiddy

I started the tarot school correspondence offered by the Readers Studio folks about 3 weeks ago. There is some reading and a surprising amount of written work (I still haven't finished my first set of lessons and am nine, double spaced pages in). Speaking of which, I better quit playing around in the forums and go get to work on a few more.... :0

To me, it is a HUGE benefit to have personal coaching sessions via phone. Not only does it keep me accountable, it provides the opportunity to spend an hour going over what I have been learning in the lessons with a master.

The certificate isn't a big deal but will be nice to have (rather like a plastic trophy vs a college or high school diploma).

Good luck however you pursue your studies.

cbiz83

Hopping on the AT train. This is the best school in the world. Complete with deck reviews, meaning sections, and interactive teaching...for free. This community has hundreds of years of collective practical knowledge and expertise in reading. I've been reading tarot off and on for 15 years but learn more here in mere weeks by viewing the reading help spreads and asking questions.

Your fellow readers really are a wonderfully supportive resource.