Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 247 : April 23 - April 29

Ballerina

Hi. I'm sticking with Tarot of the Zirkus Magi for another week.

desertrat

I'll be learning to appreciate cats better with the Baroque Bohemian Cats tarot this week. :)

bonebeach

I was waffling about it, but I see that if I go through with it I won't be the only person committing to Tarot del Fuego, so yeaaah let's do this!

VGimlet

I was waffling about it, but I see that if I go through with it I won't be the only person committing to Tarot del Fuego, so yeaaah let's do this!

welcome bonebeach!

I'm liking the Tarot Del Fuego so far. Not sure if it will go on my 'more later' list yet, but it's a fun deck at least. :D

Scarlet Woodland

I looove my Starlight Illuminated (thanks journeyinghome :D), can definitely see it making my top three. Finances may be rolling downhill but at least I can save the money I would have spent on decks with this beaut to keep me company :)

Hoping to keep going with my two illuminated tarot's for a few weeks at least, maybe swapping between them each week. Feel like I need to do some study again.

bonebeach

welcome bonebeach!

I'm liking the Tarot Del Fuego so far. Not sure if it will go on my 'more later' list yet, but it's a fun deck at least. :D

Totally agree! It's definitely fun. I was kind of in a tarot rut and I wanted something new and different to shake myself out of it, and I think it's working so far. It's so charmingly weird.

DaughterOfDanu

I felt the need to splurge and ordered Oracle of the Mermaids which should be here tomorrow. I'm not sure what tarot would pair nicely with it other than Dame Darcy's mermaid tarot or LoS' Tarot of Mermaids (Which I own and is beautiful but I find doesn't speak much to me) any suggestions?

I had a lot of fun the past few nights doing two card draws with my Tarot of Trees to get acquainted with the deck some more. I'm finding it very easy to read with them now and when doing small spreads. These little trees have great personalities if you are patient enough with them. Haven't worked with the Soul Trees at all this week. I think I'll try and include it with my tarot time tonight.

RiverRunsDeep

I felt the need to splurge and ordered Oracle of the Mermaids which should be here tomorrow. I'm not sure what tarot would pair nicely with it other than Dame Darcy's mermaid tarot or LoS' Tarot of Mermaids (Which I own and is beautiful but I find doesn't speak much to me) any suggestions?

I love Oracle of the Mermaids! I peeked at your profile :))) and my suggestion would be Crystal Visions tarot. It has a lovely feminine vibe which, IMO, would pair well with the Mermaids. You might also try Mystic Faerie tarot, since both fairies and mermaids bring messages from a different and otherworldly realm.

Enjoying my Sakki Sakki tarot, even though it is an art style I am not normally drawn to. I wouldn't pull this deck out for existential, what-is-the-meaning-of-life questions, but I'm finding it to be a great "conversational" deck, perfect for questions about life's daily concerns. The preponderance of headless people in the minor arcana is distracting to me. The artist says the headless figures give the reader an opportunity to imagine whichever gender and ethnicity they choose, but.....I don't imagine anything. I just see headless people. :bugeyed:

DaughterOfDanu

I love Oracle of the Mermaids! I peeked at your profile :))) and my suggestion would be Crystal Visions tarot. It has a lovely feminine vibe which, IMO, would pair well with the Mermaids. You might also try Mystic Faerie tarot, since both fairies and mermaids bring messages from a different and otherworldly realm.

Enjoying my Sakki Sakki tarot, even though it is an art style I am not normally drawn to. I wouldn't pull this deck out for existential, what-is-the-meaning-of-life questions, but I'm finding it to be a great "conversational" deck, perfect for questions about life's daily concerns. The preponderance of headless people in the minor arcana is distracting to me. The artist says the headless figures give the reader an opportunity to imagine whichever gender and ethnicity they choose, but.....I don't imagine anything. I just see headless people. :bugeyed:

Ooh that is a great suggestion! I haven't updated that list in years :p Probably should soon. I always have trouble keeping up with my lists. I've been counting down the days till I have time off so I can actually take an accurate inventory of what decks I have now. Thanks!!

I can understand your feelings about the Sakki Sakki :p I don't think I'd be able to see anything but headless people either!

Scarlet Woodland

Found a spider on my Tarot of Vampyres AGAIN! Get your own copy arachnids... preferably on another continent.