Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 247 : April 23 - April 29

DaughterOfDanu

Has anyone ever removed cards from an oracle deck because they felt the cards were extremely out of place and made the deck difficult to enjoy?
A few cards in the Oracle of the Mermaids I'm finding very iffy-- the Conchomancy card, for example, seems redundant as there's another card that is titled Divination. The Honor The Masculine card also seems out of place as the deck is meant to be one that focuses on femininity. I've looked to the guidebook to see if there's maybe some information that can help me grasp the card a little better but aside from the lovely intro and spreads, it's not very well done imo. The meanings are either geared directly towards ocean magick or are focused around romance.
I'm highly considering removing them. I did something similar with a few cards from the Earth Magic Oracle and instantly the deck felt so much more like mine.

Aside from that I'm falling for my Tarot of Trees more and more every day. It's such a sweet little gem!

Scarlet Woodland

Has anyone ever removed cards from an oracle deck because they felt the cards were extremely out of place and made the deck difficult to enjoy?
A few cards in the Oracle of the Mermaids I'm finding very iffy-- the Conchomancy card, for example, seems redundant as there's another card that is titled Divination. The Honor The Masculine card also seems out of place as the deck is meant to be one that focuses on femininity. I've looked to the guidebook to see if there's maybe some information that can help me grasp the card a little better but aside from the lovely intro and spreads, it's not very well done imo. The meanings are either geared directly towards ocean magick or are focused around romance.
I'm highly considering removing them. I did something similar with a few cards from the Earth Magic Oracle and instantly the deck felt so much more like mine.

Aside from that I'm falling for my Tarot of Trees more and more every day. It's such a sweet little gem!

I removed the conchomancy card too... have a feeling there was another one but I did keep the honor the masculine in there. Some of the descriptions are a little daft :D but have had good experiences reading them intuitively.

DaughterOfDanu

I removed the conchomancy card too... have a feeling there was another one but I did keep the honor the masculine in there. Some of the descriptions are a little daft :D but have had good experiences reading them intuitively.

I really think the title was a poor choice, if it had been titled something else about shells there's a lot more that could be pulled from it. Shells speak to me of protection and sometimes of the past, even of ancestors since shell fossils are extremely common- but even when I look at the art I'm not getting much from it so it's time to go :p

I think in terms of art and meanings the Myths and Mermaids deck has much more substance and planning put into it. But it doesn't carry the sensual and romance vibe of this deck so they both have a place in my collection.

VGimlet

Well, I was wrong ~ the Tarot del Fuego is going on the more later list. It's quirky and a bit strange, but it read so nicely and it was fun, and what more really can you ask sometimes?

New thread for the coming week is now here :!: