Hanson Roberts - O The Fool

Indigo Rose

No Dog....

The interesting thing I noted about this card, as opposed to other RWS clone decks is that there is no dog at his feet. To me, the dog symbolizes a dual message: we are not on the journey alone, and Divine intervention will give us warnings along the way if we will only listen. The absence of the dog is curious. This is not one of my favorite cards in this deck.

Centaur

I would also like to add that in comparison to the other Fool cards I have seen, this Fool is very much like a child.

On further reflection, this card might even represent the transition from child to adult through the process of puberty.

Centaur

Hedera

I like this deck, but I find that I *really* miss having a dog on the Fool card.

Wisp Wings

The Fool......just the general appearance in study.

In the Hanson-Roberts deck what do we see in the card of the Fool?

A youth, dedicedly male, I think....yet could be either. We see a rock ledge, very lush green grasses and moutain peeks in the background, along with a light-filled sky.

What is the appearance of this Fool? Young, tattered, yet clean and he holds a white rose in his left hand and a stick with a purse on its end in the right hand.

[More to come, but please add your own thoughts to just the image alone on this card and then let's look to his expression and what you feel this card is saying.]

Wisp Wings

The Fool, Card 0........What the card says to you.

Foremost to me this card speaks ALIVE!

Then the following:

Happiness
Unexperienced
Naive
New

Spontaneity.
This especially in considering how his gait seems, the legs are further apart than just a normal walk. This is a walk with purpose and the head raise up with the look higher as if something has grasped his full attention. He is headed for whatever his caught his fancy.

He has no fear and no notice of what he should be cautious of.

A shared bit of reflecting.....
Long before I started studying the Tarot I had made a statement of certain people that we all have met along our path in life. Although people that are often known of, seen, or acting in what we define the Fool, the character has many actions and all the more faces. Of these defined ones I had made the statement.....
"They have to have God or some something looking out for them. There is no way they could have made it to the age they are if not! These are the ones that walk down a city street, not seeing there is an opened manpole in front of them and yet something distracts them or else the continue on and they manage to walk over it, not falling in. You want to say 'Go figure!' "

Wisp Wings

Hanson-Roberts, The Fool - His general appearance.

The Fool......just the general appearance in study.

In the Hanson-Roberts deck what do we see in the card of the Fool?

A youth, dedicedly male, I think....yet could be either. We see a rock ledge, very lush green grasses and moutain peeks in the background, along with a light-filled sky.

What is the appearance of this Fool? Young, tattered, yet clean and he holds a white rose in his left hand and a stick with a purse on its end in the right hand.

[More to come, but please add your own thoughts to just the image alone on this card and then let's look to his expression and what you feel this card is saying.]

Michelle

The Fool

I see mountain peaks and green grass. Bright, cloudless sky.

A young man wearing tattered - yet tidy, clean clothing. With blonde hair and blue eyes.

The blue neck scarf stands out. As does the blue ribbon (?) on his hat.

A beautiful white rose in full bloom in his left hand.

And a bag on a stick in his right hand.

The edge of a cliff near his right leg.

Love,Light,Blessings,
Michelle

Lurea

The young man's shirt is embroidered with celtic knotwork along the shoulders--wasn't that a symbol of nobility among the Celts?? He is looking up and his expression is hopeful, even cheerful.
One leg is forward, giving this card a dynamic sense of movement. The young man seems to be daydreaming almost, as if he isn't sure *where* he is going, but he seems pretty happy with it.

tarotlova

I think the abscence of the dog shows how many people ignore the voice of the divine/reason in life, and that he holds a "she'll be right mate face" to the world at large, he keeps his worries in the satchel right at the end of his stick, and looks up into the sky to try and ignore these worries but he is about to take a tumble and these worries or thoughts will come crashing down around him to be dealt with. But he does have that pure white rose to remind him of what is the right thing to do doesn't he? Blessings

WhiteRaven

tarotlova said:
I think the abscence of the dog shows how many people ignore the voice of the divine/reason in life, and that he holds a "she'll be right mate face" to the world at large, he keeps his worries in the satchel right at the end of his stick, and looks up into the sky to try and ignore these worries but he is about to take a tumble and these worries or thoughts will come crashing down around him to be dealt with. But he does have that pure white rose to remind him of what is the right thing to do doesn't he? Blessings

I have to agree with Tarotlova on the description of the Symbols and their meanings. The white rose does depict "purity" of which also means innocence though. Looking up towards the sky with an innocence of what life really entails and IS about to tumble into reality. Ignoring what one does not want to face...This reminds me of a youth, beginning his adulthood with the attitude that the world is going to stop now and heed every word he says. "I'm right, it's this way!" attitude and ignoring the reality that surrounds him in everyday life....Idealism at it's peak I would believe.