Nitegoddess

Sacred Circle: Swords

The Suit of Swords:

Element is AIR

Season SPRING

Color YELLOW

Attributes THE MIND, INTELLECT, POWER OF THOUGHT TO SHAPE YOUR WORLD

Direction EAST

(Taken from "The Sacred Circle" by Anna Franklin p. 148 )

Nitegoddess

2 days until first post...
Getting excited :D

Phoenyx*

Swords - Titles

Ace: Intellect
Two: Opposition
Three: Discord
Four: Rest
Five: Defeat
Six: Solace
Seven: Diplomacy
Eight: Bondage
Nine: Suffering
Ten: Disillusion
Page: Thought
Knight: Change
Queen: Imagination
King: Air

cjtarot

remember...look beyond the title

Hi,

With all the Sacred Circle cards, look beyond the title..don't get caught up in what it says..more in what YOU see..

1st exercise might be to lay out all the cards in the sword suites and see if you can see the title in the picture...

catch ya later,

Cj

Nitegoddess

Cj, Thanks for the insight. We can do that. I know that everyone is open to suggestions with this deck. We are all learning together.
Whomever, wants to post may do so. I was quite surprised not to see anything here. I have been called into work so I have to finish my post later.

Nitegoddess

Please feel free to post your insights on the Ace of swords at anytime. I will have to finish mine later as I was called into work. I look forward to reading everyones input when I return which will be around 5pm EST.
:D

mj07

I love this deck, but

I have a hard time intuiting from it (think I said that before, so I hope the study group will help.)

let me take a stab at it argh... bad pun first thing in the AM, not a good sign! But that said, I DID wake up with the Ace of Swords on my mind since I knew we were going to start discussing it today. Random thoughts...

I started with the fact that in general swords stand for intellect, attached to the sign of air. Freedom of thought, flow. Corresponds to Ostara (the spring equinox, what a coincidence, it's coming up!)

Figures of speech that refer to cutting... if someone's smart you might say they're "sharp". Someone figures out a difficult problem the "cut through the red tape [or the... insert explitive here!], which can also be ruthless.

The ace of swords is kind of glowing, which sets it apart from the other swords in the suit. Hmm... wonder what that's supposed to mean?

Nitegoddess

Re: I love this deck, but

mj07 said:
let me take a stab at it argh... bad pun first thing in the AM, not a good sign! But that said, I DID wake up with the Ace of Swords on my mind since I knew we were going to start discussing it today. Random thoughts...

I started with the fact that in general swords stand for intellect, attached to the sign of air. Freedom of thought, flow. Corresponds to Ostara (the spring equinox, what a coincidence, it's coming up!)

Figures of speech that refer to cutting... if someone's smart you might say they're "sharp". Someone figures out a difficult problem the "cut through the red tape [or the... insert explitive here!], which can also be ruthless.

The ace of swords is kind of glowing, which sets it apart from the other swords in the suit. Hmm... wonder what that's supposed to mean?

That was great... you too have seen things that I had seen.

Nitegoddess

Ace of Swords

When I first look at this card I see the illumination off the sword..
It is pristine condition... The sky is transforming but yet is calm at this point..
The land and surroundings are tranquil.... which a perfect setting for thought...
Being that the Swords season is Spring which like Mj said is right around the corner. The skys are coming out of the "gloom" associated with winter..
The element of the Swords is Air...
inspiration of life... the gentle breezes... or rushes of wind at the moutain tops... and the destructive forces of a hurricane.
The Ace of Swords to me is a surge of ideas, or concepts.. changes in the world which could effect your whole thought process ..
Possible conflict with those around you that dont want change. You have the power to shape your world with your intellect..

~~This is just my personal opinion and I have just started to use these cards so I am trying to feed off what feelings I get when I look into them..~~
Look Forward to more posts..

13thFaeChylde

I think the beams of white light coming from the sword represent clarity and the intellect. I get the feeling that if/when I need the power of the Sword, it is there for me, as long as I have the strength to wield it.

This sword has an assertive energy about it...it can be used to take determined action. This is a power card. Things will happen.
Could be used as a force for good or ill.

In the book, they speak of the ley line or dragon line called St. Michael's line...there's something there about straight lines and swords, but I'm having trouble articulating it b/c we are having a SEVERE WIND STORM RIGHT NOW!!! And we're atching "Tornado Week" on the weather channel. How's that for being in tune?! lol

From "Tarot for the Green Witch"...
Timing for a reading is indicated by the upright card as March, but if read as a reverse card, meanings are muted/delayed and timing becomes that of April to May.