Tarot for Ancestor Work

Barleywine

Thanks for the positive feedback! My tweak of the original layout seems to be giving me just the right amount of detail and insight, which was my goal in creating it.

nisaba

I'm much less formal than any of that when I read about the dead.

I'll tend to focus on a single individual, then pull out my deck and ask "What would so-and-so tell me this very minute if they were in the room?"

Then I pull three cards, and turn them into a single sentence.

It's amazing what they come out with. Especially when I ask about a deceased person who always had a sharp and glittering sense of humour.

MaryHeather

I'm much less formal than any of that when I read about the dead.

I'll tend to focus on a single individual, then pull out my deck and ask "What would so-and-so tell me this very minute if they were in the room?"

Then I pull three cards, and turn them into a single sentence.

It's amazing what they come out with. Especially when I ask about a deceased person who always had a sharp and glittering sense of humour.

I've been watching this thread for a while now, and although have been really tempted to do some ancestral work, but I sincerely believe some of my dead relatives need to stay dead. It never occurred to me that I could simply ask a specific person.

Thank you.

conurelover

I come back to this thread because I try one of these spreads once a week.

RiverRunsDeep

I come back to this thread because I try one of these spreads once a week.

!!!!!!!! **River's eyes light up at revival of favorite thread**

How have you been getting on with it? I'd be happy to read anything you'd
be willing to share.

celticnoodle

This is really interesting. I've never had a deep connection to my bloodline (I'm adopted) but still felt the pull to connect to my ancestors. Though I may never know how accurate my ancestor work/readings would be, I can't see it hurting to try. :) I might have to pull some cards when I've got some free time and share what comes up.
Oh yes, do try! I believe that your birth ancestors as well as your adopted ancestors can come through. So it may not be a way to find your birth ancestors, but you never know. I recently made contact with a distant cousin whose mother, (my great uncles daughter), was adopted out as a toddler. Her daughter found me & it was both miraculous as well as fun getting to know each other. Finding so many similarities also, and just pure joy becoming family again. The funny thing about this is that a psychic card reader once told me I would be reconnected with a long lost cousin. I couldn't even imagine who it wouldbe-and never expected this line. So do share if you do a reading. It can be interesting.

No, it definitely can't hurt to try! I believe that our ancestors are often our spirit guides, and no doubt they have many things they'd like to tell you.

Yes, very true! The same reader I mentioned above also brought through 2 of my husbands ancestors, who said they were "guiding" me. It was quite interesting, especially as the reader gave me info on each that no one in thefamily knew about, that later came to be found as true. So incredibly interesting. :)

This is one of my favorite threads here. :)

conurelover

!!!!!!!! **River's eyes light up at revival of favorite thread**

How have you been getting on with it? I'd be happy to read anything you'd
be willing to share.

Well my reasons for doing it once a week are genealogy-related. I have been heavy into researching my paternal side lately and that is the side I have been drawing coincidentally. I know so little about them because the ones that didn't pass when I was young stayed in the old country.

Last week I heard from a distant aunt and his son giving me tons of information about my ancestors. I think my reading was about her this week. She is the oldest living female left on my father's father's side and I adore her. I drew Strength for her. Still using the Mary-El.

Going to mix it up this week before I begin my weekly research and use my Ancient Italian deck! Let you know how it goes.

conurelover

On this eve, who is still using the spreads discussed here?

RiverRunsDeep

On this eve, who is still using the spreads discussed here?

I am. :)

Actually, I came across another interesting spread, so I gave it a try this Halloween night. It's getting late here, so I'll be posting the details sometime tomorrow. It was so synchronous to see your post here, as I was thinking about reviving this thread tomorrow!

sweetcherise13

Thank you for reviving this thread! I probably wouldn't have found it otherwise. I am intrigued with the spread and all the thought and time put into it. I'm going to try this and would also love to hear about the spread you tried RiverRunsDeep.