Devil's hand is reverse of Hierophant's, what are your thoughts?

Zephyros

This is why you can't pass the Devil on the way to Tiphareth from Hod. The mind and body are "in chains" to the senses. The intellect alone can't gain entrance to Tiphareth. The Devil is an imaginary phantasm generated by the mind that is incapable of handling the truth of Tiphareth.

But you can get a glimpse of Tiphareth through the Devil, and he is the instrument by which you know what you're looking for in the first place (you know, sex, etc.)

Aeon418

But you can get a glimpse of Tiphareth through the Devil, and he is the instrument by which you know what you're looking for in the first place (you know, sex, etc.)
But that search for the 'Other' is typically directed outwards and projected onto other people. That same process must be directed inwards. But even then it is liable to be subverted by the image making faculty of the mind.
Liber LXV said:
7. Be not contented with the image.
8. I who am the Image of an Image say this.
9. Debate not of the image, saying Beyond! Beyond!
One mounteth unto the Crown by the moon and by the Sun, and by the arrow, and by the Foundation, and by the dark home of the stars from the black earth.
10. Not otherwise may ye reach unto the Smooth Point.
Sub-Tiphareth the paths of Ayin and Nun cannot be fully crossed. Although you still have to exhaust yourself trying. Then, and only then, are you ready to wait. But the place of stillness is Yesod.
Liber LXV said:
57. The prophet cried against the mountain; come thou hither, that I may speak with thee!
58. The mountain stirred not. Therefore went the prophet unto the mountain, and spake unto it. But the feet of the prophet were weary, and the mountain heard not his voice.
59. But I have called unto Thee, and I have journeyed unto Thee, and it availed me not.
60. I waited patiently, and Thou wast with me from the beginning.
61. This now I know, O my beloved, and we are stretched at our ease among the vines.
62. But these thy prophets; they must cry aloud and scourge themselves; they must cross trackless wastes and unfathomed oceans; to await Thee is the end, not the beginning.