The Sunshine Lenormand

CasCanete

I've decided to illustrate and self-publish my first Lenormand Deck. I want to actually do two decks. One will be the "Sunshine" Lenormand and will be illustrated while I'm still living here in LA. The other will be called the "Northwest" Lenormand (or something like that- name ideas?) and will be illustrated after my move to Oregon.

I'd love some feedback on this deck. More detail? Less detail? Can you tell what the cards are? (just "The Clover" is posted for now, but I will upload more to this thread as I paint them.) Are the colors appealing?

(Also I will photograph this better soon- This was just taken quickly with my phone.)

UPDATE 8/14/2016: (new CLOVER image to come soon.)

Thank you all so much!

Kindly,

Cassandra

UPDATE 9/3/2014: Based on suggestions, I've decided to re-do the clover card. Not only do I agree with many member comments on the old clover card, but I also feel the painting style has changed since I started this deck. I've also quickly put together this mock-up of what some final cards may look like : )

sunshinelen_pos_zps129b84c4.jpg

UPDATE 8/14/2016: Its been a while! But I want to finish and publish this deck. Here is another mock-up with some more cards, including the new Book and Clover. I also want to play around with adding suits or playing card representations- let me know if you have any suggestions for that. Where would you like them to be? Would you like them at all? Thank you so much!

sunshinelen_pos_2_zpsccsiuvmv.jpg

CasCanete

Fish

Here's a quick photo of the fish card:
fish_zps646b48e2.jpg

celticnoodle

my goodness, Cascanete! These two cards are BEAUTIFUL! I'm not a big Lenormand reader, but I do love these cards very much. I can see the first card is indeed 'clover' and the second card is "Fish".

I especially love the colors you used in each of these two cards. I like that you kept the images simple too and yet large enough to readily see them. Very nice! You are very talented. Thank you for sharing and please continue to do so as you finish the next few cards.

Are you planning to also have these cards available for sale?

magpie9

These are great! Keep 'em coming, please!

CasCanete

my goodness, Cascanete! These two cards are BEAUTIFUL! I'm not a big Lenormand reader, but I do love these cards very much. I can see the first card is indeed 'clover' and the second card is "Fish".

I especially love the colors you used in each of these two cards. I like that you kept the images simple too and yet large enough to readily see them. Very nice! You are very talented. Thank you for sharing and please continue to do so as you finish the next few cards.

Are you planning to also have these cards available for sale?

Thank you so much! I'm really excited about this project. I've printed out my art books and other things like prints before but never a deck. And yes this will be for sale- I'm hoping to begin shipping out within the next six months. : )

greatdane

JUST STUNNING!

I also like you have more than one FISH. As I see it as Luck, Money, abundance in those areas, I like to see more than one fish :)). I also like it isn't like any other deck I've seen.

CasCanete

a quick photo of the Heart card. I'm managing to paint about one a day...a good pace I think. And thank you all so much for the lovely comments! I will probably still tweak all these cards a little later. I always have trouble calling a piece "done"

heart_zpsad20b50d.jpg

greatdane

I like the HEART very much although

the green leaves at first made me think BOUQUET. I don't really think HEART/LEAVES. For a three card spread, something I could adjust to. For those who are doing a GT and scanning all the cards quickly, I don't know how much the leaves would matter or if they would have any adjustment. I do think the HEART is very nice though.

celticnoodle

I believe those are roses and the rose leaves--which is again a symbol of love. It doesn't bother me at all, as I look at that and see the rose buds just beginning to open, I might even read this as a beginning love relationship developing.

I like that the heart is large--in fact all the images are very large and not too involved. I would find this much easier to read with. Keeping it simple too is important and so far so good. The leaves of the rose plant around the heart, I feel add to the heart. Without the other colors, I think the heart would be a bit lost.

This may be a deck to add to my ever growing list of wants. lol. hubby may have to work a bit longer for me to afford all on my list! ;)