how do you do for a choice between A or B?

snowmoon

hi, how do you do for a choice between A or B?

like 3 cards for A? 3 cards for B?

do you use any spread for it?

(the tarot spread don't work well)

do you use only one deck? or use 2 decks ?

thank-you.

Ace

I put out ONE for A and ONE for B and maybe a C card, just in case there are choices I haven't thought of yet.

barb

Barleywine

Another way would be to do a GT using the "near/far" method with two "charged" focus cards, and see which one has more favorable surrounding cards and other associations. This way the deck should quickly show which one is more advantageous. I haven't thought about how to select the focus cards, since each card has such a narrow range of meaning.

snowmoon

I put out ONE for A and ONE for B and maybe a C card, just in case there are choices I haven't thought of yet.

barb

hi, i see. why do you like to choose only one card for each choice?

snowmoon

Another way would be to do a GT using the "near/far" method with two "charged" focus cards, and see which one has more favorable surrounding cards and other associations. This way the deck should quickly show which one is more advantageous.

hi, how do you provide the advice with those two choice?

do you read near and far in GT for two choice first, and 33 key as advice for it??

thank-you.

Barleywine

hi, how do you provide the advice with those two choice?

do you read near and far in GT for two choice first, and 33 key as advice for it??

thank-you.

I read the surrounding cards for each focus card first to see whether either one has mostly positive or negative cards surrounding it. For example, if one has the Clouds, the Mice and the Mountain contacting it, while the other has the Key, the Stars and the Sun, the choice would seem fairly obvious, unless other factors (house placement might be one) undermine it. I don't use the Key as a specific advice card, I just see where it shows up to indicate the "right" answer. Obviously, the farther away it is from either focus card, the more that answer becomes a toss-up and you have to weigh other factors.

snowmoon

I read the surrounding cards for each focus card first to see whether either one has mostly positive or negative cards surrounding it. For example, if one has the Clouds, the Mice and the Mountain contacting it, while the other has the Key, the Stars and the Sun, the choice would seem fairly obvious, unless other factors (house placement might be one) undermine it. I don't use the Key as a specific advice card, I just see where it shows up to indicate the "right" answer. Obviously, the farther away it is from either focus card, the more that answer becomes a toss-up and you have to weigh other factors.

I'm thinking, about the focus /topic card to choose, sometimes the questions of choosing A or B might not suitable at all, how do you deal with it? topic A and topic B

if the surrounding cards , with mice, shows up, as choice A, the person still want to choice A, what would you use as advice?

thank-you.

Barleywine

I'm thinking, about the focus /topic card to choose, sometimes the questions of choosing A or B might not suitable at all, how do you deal with it? topic A and topic B

if the surrounding cards , with mice, shows up, as choice A, the person still want to choice A, what would you use as advice?

thank-you.

If I couldn't pin down two cards that approximate the choices, I wouldn't use the GT. I would instead do two small spreads, one for each option, and see which gives the most coherent and fortunate outlook. I wouldn't use a charged card, and would just read each spread as a brief narrative about the situation. Three cards might do it, but I'm more partial to 5-card lines because they show more movement and interaction between the cards. Pulling one card for each choice wouldn't do it for me.

If the Mice is impacting the "choice" card (especially if to the right of it) I would advise the client that the outcome of that choice could be diminished in some way, and might not turn out to be everything that is hoped for. There could also be an element of increased anxiety associated with the choice.

Village Witch

I lay three cards for each choice without any focus cards.

Sometimes its not always black and white, as in one set of cards indicating a good choice and the other indicating a bad choice. A friend of mine wanted a read about what school her child should attend. She asked what would be the best choice. The cards indicated both schools were good choices. We had to redefine the question and draw again. I did however have to block my friend's energy from influencing the cards as she was hoping for one school over another.

Ace

hi, i see. why do you like to choose only one card for each choice?

I am a bit embarrassed: I thought you were talking tarot not Lenormand! But I think the advice stands: you don't need a lot of cards for each choice. Either it works or it doesn't. Add an extra card for other possibilities you are missing and if it says both are good or bad choices then maybe this is not the right question or the right choice for you at all.

I DO sometimes add a second or MAYBE a third card to clarify, but the first two are what counts. And if that doesn't work with Lenormand, then please ignore me all together!

You also might just want to ask SOMEONE else to read for you about your choices. You can sometimes just plain be too close or too invested to make a impartial choice.

barb