The Current State of the Lenormand Community

Vanchica

I mean, there are nearly 3000 views of this thread and only a few posters!

Where IS everyone?

nicky

I mean, there are nearly 3000 views of this thread and only a few posters!

Where IS everyone?

I can guess why some people are viewing and not posting - once u click on the post you realize it is the same ole same ole- there are always these 'wars' - and in time people will either stay in said community or not -

N

MoonGypsy

Yep, Nicky hit the nail on the head...;)

lepetitcartomancien

I'm wondering where the Lenormand community has gone

There are some fascinating old threads here from about two years ago but at least two of the very knowledgeable and frequent posters were banned (unrelated to Lenormand) and the conversation seems to have died down, teaching/feedback from experienced and knowledgeable is minimal

I have found two very active groups on Facebook, one of which is lively but is there perhaps only so much to talk about when it comes to Lenormand? Is that why there's so little conversation and so much desire to re-invent the cards with new decks and 'intuitive' readings?

Is the South American community more active, more engaged? No mention I can find of their craft here. Is the European community? I do see a number of European readers teaching on YouTube that have the attention of modern students.... but I don't know where everyone is talking to each other!

European readers don't have the urge to look further than their own communities. Countries like Belgium, Germany have a very vibrant lenormand community. The language is also a barrier, even though Enlish is the world language.

Lee

I'm wondering where the Lenormand community has gone
Hi Vanchica,

Long-term members here have seen areas of interest come and go and conversation come and go. It all ebbs and flows... there have been very active threads here in this forum as recently as several weeks ago.
[...] the conversation seems to have died down, teaching/feedback from experienced and knowledgeable is minimal
Generally, people don't offer teachings for free, or at least they don't do it for very long, which is perfectly understandable. Generally teachers prefer environments that are more in their control, and where they can charge for their services (again, perfectly understandable) or direct the conversation in a way that suits them (also understandable).

Now that we have more options for learning traditional Lenormand (books, courses, blogs), it may be better to go that route for real studying. For nontraditional/intuitive methods, there's a limit to how much feedback/conversation can happen, because by definition, everyone does it their own way.

The best way to stimulate conversation is to jump in and start one. Greatdane started a thread as a beginner last year and it went on for 21 pages!

Edited to add: another thought: there's a huge amount of teaching material available right here. Check out our Forum Index, you'll find threads on every conceivable aspect of Lenormand.

Vanchica

Thanks for the thoughtful responses, especially you, Lee :)

I think I have a bit of jealousy for the very active Tarot pages, LOL!

I'm in love with Lenormand and want to talk about it all the time :)

Sar

Thanks for the thoughtful responses, especially you, Lee :)

I think I have a bit of jealousy for the very active Tarot pages, LOL!

I'm in love with Lenormand and want to talk about it all the time :)

Me too.

Le Fanu

I'm in love with Lenormand and don't want to talk about it all the time :D

I find that I want to learn without all the confusing, contradictory chatter, barricaded in my Reading Room. But we're all very different (which is what makes the world so wonderful :))

lennylove

I read this entire thread! So many great points of view. I've been reading Lenormand for almost two years after owning my Mystical Lenormand deck for three full years prior. I've noticed in online communities there is a majority and minority in how to read and if someone higher up gives an opinion all subsequent responses will fall in line with that person. That's basic human psychology for you; no one wants to step outside the mold for fear of being ridiculed.

I love reading 3-5 card spreads. More than 5 cards and that's just too much information and the reading should be converted to a GT.

Rana George is a very nice woman online and I've interacted with her. She doesn't condemn or choose favorites thus making her readings unbiased.

I believe that's the problem with most FB groups: biases.

I rather be wrong about my interpretation and learn than sit around adhering to others set in stone rules.

Philippe

Lenormand is a very good trademark. That's what's important to buyers and sellers (of decks, lessons ...)
Nobody is interested in the real Mademoiselle Lenormand. I had the proof of that with a thread I started some time ago.