3/swords + judgement + 2/swords

justagirl1

Hi, I have posted a lot lately, but I have found this forum to be of so much help and recently rediscovered tarot reading.

These cards showed for a friend after an argument/disagreement with her SO. The quesiton was what the odds of working it out was, but there was no particular order, as in, past-present-future.

I would say pretty straight forward heartbreak-resurrection-choice. Though 2 of swords I find is always very.... vague...

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Welcome to Aeclectic, justagirl1!

Is this a complete reading?

justagirl1

Well, the cards were for one question out of larger reading. I wasn't sure in which room to post it in due to that. But let me know and I will move it if needed.

IndigoWaves

The 3S and Judgement suggest being driven by pain to make heartfelt statements: revealing your "side" in the hopes of finding relief in its acceptance... And the sheer intensity felt would seem to guarantee an equally impassioned response... But the 2 of Swords is about as open and receptive as a cool brick wall. Despite the fervour involved, it won't change this person's mind or force a desired decision, so an impasse will result/continue. These cards make me wonder if some rather frantically spinning wheels are involved, here... Always seeking something that the S.O. doesn't give and quite possibly never will.

justagirl1

thats very intresting, thank you for your input. I suppose we'll see what happens! When we did the reading I did advise that if youre "too emotional" or when emotions are still a bit raw, in a sense, the cards may pick up on your over-emotion. something I have had personal experience with.

Barleywine

The 2 of Swords has always suggested the "fine art of fence-sitting" to me. The 3 of Swords drives her toward taking a definite step, which leads . . . precisely nowhere. It implies backsliding into the same posture that led to the disagreement in the first place. Maybe the quintessence will help: it's 3 + 20 + 2 = 25 = 7, the Chariot. Both Judgement and the Chariot suggest "moving on," so perhaps working it out to her satisfaction isn't an option, at least not right now.

IndigoWaves

When we did the reading I did advise that if youre "too emotional" or when emotions are still a bit raw, in a sense, the cards may pick up on your over-emotion. something I have had personal experience with.
True, but being emotional about a topic doesn't necessarily invalidate the cards that appear; it sometimes gives them a sharper relief, which is the impression that I've gotten in this case... Not at all an easy relationship for the querent, it appears... As though at least one vital factor remains distressingly unsatisfied by the S.O., no matter what "approaches" are attempted.

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Well, the cards were for one question out of larger reading. I wasn't sure in which room to post it in due to that. But let me know and I will move it if needed.
Per the UTC Posting Rules up to half of the cards from a reading may be listed and/or discussed in UTC. To avoid having us Moderators ask, it helps if you state that you're discussing "X" cards out of a "Y" card reading.