Sweet Twilight-Knight of Chalices

Hemera

The sad feeling in this card reminds me of the Six of Wands. There is the same feeling of looking backwards and being stuck in the past. But in the Six of Wands the girl was looking back at her childhood whereas this Knight could be crying over spilt milk. He is looking at one chalice and at the same time the one in his hand is also spilling to the ground. I get the feeling he is forgetting to count his blessings (the wine he had in his chalice) and therefore that also is spilled.

Another way to look at this comes to mind,too. The red wine is nourishing fertilizing the earth. It is the sacred libation and the creative energy that the Knight gives to Mother Earth. The lovely blue horse looks like he understands that this is more important than some of the duties that are expected of a Knight; rushing fast from one challenge to another or a fancy career somewhere.

Attachments

• Knight of Chalices.jpg
    Knight of Chalices.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 226

Aerin

I felt he was being a bit self indulgent and overdramatic. I want to shake him.

Flaxen

It looks to me like the liquid spilling out of the cup are creating the ground he is walking on. I look at this card and see the idea that our emotions colour the way we see the world. So when you are feeling miserable, life as a whole seems rotten.

What do you think the white symbol in the sky represents? To me it look like the symbol for infinity. Maybe he's stuck in a cycle of negative thinking...

Aerin

Flaxen said:
What do you think the white symbol in the sky represents? To me it look like the symbol for infinity. Maybe he's stuck in a cycle of negative thinking...

I had it down as two moons, one waxing and one waning. I like your idea.

belladonna0276

This card shows the Knight is turning his back on everything at the moment to feel bad for himself, or as I like to call it "wallowing in the mud." One cup is spilling, but he's holding it, so this could mean he's sad over something he did. The other cup looks like nobody is holding it. Maybe it signifies fate. Maybe something has happened, and he had no control over it. The moons signify time passing and standing still at the same time. Everything is frozen. There is nothing he can do, but stand there and feel bad.