My first holistic fair this Saturday!

Ruya

Just wanted to update: It went really well. I had a pretty steady stream of people for about 3-4 hours before it tapered off to a trickle mid-afternoon, but I was still one of the last vendors to pack and leave because I had people sitting down right up til closing time. The sitters were all very nice. At the end of the day, the organizer said she hoped I'd apply to come back for their Fall fair this October :D

celticnoodle

I am so glad you updated! thank you! Glad also that it was a success and you were asked to come back. congratulations there! :D Sounds like it was good all around for you and now you are off on a great path to building your clientele list.

Was there anything special you did (besides reading the cards) for the customers that seemed to really leave a good impression, you think? or is it still a bit to early to say? Now that you have this one fair under your belt, I'd be interested in knowing what really helped you out with all the suggestions made--just so anyone interested in doing this, can get ideas for their possible first fair too.

Disa

Congrats on your success, Ruya. Did you enjoy it all or find some things overwhelming? Glad you updated and it went well for you :)

Ruya

Thanks Disa! No, I didn't find anything overwhelming. The crowds came in waves, people were friendly, and I had time between waves of sitters to have snacks & during a lull stepped outside for fresh air & to eat lunch. All in all it was a very good experience. :)

Conniejfoster

Working fairs and expos

I saw the comments about fairs. I work several of them. I try to stay local because I pick up more return clients that way. I do 20 minute readings for $30. It is amazing how much you can do in 20 minutes. I had to get one of those electronic kitchen timers and set it at the beginning of the reading. If I didn't keep track of time the people on the waiting list would get upset. Clients understand when I tell them why I am setting the timer. I have a sign up sheet that is listed in half hour increments. that theoretically gives me a little break between readings, but a lot of the time it doesn't work out that way. I am usually going from beginning to end non stop.

Conniejfoster

posting fairs

Is there any place in the Forum that posts fairs and events that are looking for readers? some of the ones I do have all they want. Others are looking for readers. I am in Arkansas. I really don't like to do events that have a lot of Tarot readers as I find I don't always stay busy enough. I don't mind if there are other types of readers, but too many Tarot readers is too much competition to make it worth my while to go. Though I have found if the other readers are charging a lot more than me, I still stay busy. Once I do someone they usually refer a friend or relative that is there with them so it adds up.

Grizabella

Do you find that the other readers have any hard feelings at your prices being lower than theirs? I'm just curious. Readers often don't like a reader who sets their prices lower so I just wondered if you encountered that.

I'm very glad it went well for you and that they invited you back.

In my area, I don't know of any venues for readers. I'm clear out here in Oregon, though, so even if I did know of some, it wouldn't do you any good.I'll let you know if I come across any information for your area, though, when I'm surfing around on the internet.