Which card did you create first?

Laura Borealis

I just started mine, and the first card I've been working on is the 8 of Disks.

The first one that I did doodles of was the Magician, starting a few months ago. But I haven't come very close to finalizing that design, whereas the 8 of Disks is pretty solid now.

Today the Star just sort of flashed into my mind. I actually went to the albideuter site to see if it was from some other tarot, it was so clear. But I haven't started drawing it yet...

tarotlyn

:heart::) My first deck, All Bears Tarot, I treated the process as a giant tarot reading!!!

...I just shuffled a RWS deck and kept it in a box on my side table...and when I was ready
to start a new card, I would just hold the box of cards and then slide all of them about half way
out of the box and I would pick a card 'randomly' from the deck (as I said they were pre-shuffled)

So the card I would draw would be the next card for my deck creation...as well as a one card reading for myself! :)

Then when I was done creating the card and posting it in my AT creation thread, I would
just put the finished card back into the box (behind all the un-drawn, unread, un-created cards).

This worked so very well. At first I started a typed list, but once I started the 'one card' readings
to pick out my next card, I abandoned the list as it was not necessary at all since the 'box'
was my list...so to speak.

BUT with my 2nd deck, 'Aye Chihuahua Tarot,' I shuffled, pulled out the Emperor, worked on
that card just to see if I could do a deck in this style, and was satisfied. Then after another
practice card...no tarot title...I decided to start in on the 'royalty' of the deck...the Kings, Queens,
the Pages...are all done for this deck. I have done the Devil and the Tower...both randomly
drawn from my box method. But I think I will finish up the 'royalty' cards next...namely
the Knights...
...then back to my box random drawing and 'one card reading' (for myself) and then to create that card, etc.

I hope that all makes sense! :laugh: At any rate, you just need to do what comes to YOUR mind as the right way...
Just let it happen naturally. Maybe draw a card and see if you feel like that is the one you are to start with...

Good luck and I hope to see your deck creation! :)

:heart: HUGS
tarotlyn

ETA: Oh, and another thing I do when I need to refer to a different card quickly is this:
Because I work digitally and am on my computer most of the time, I just google
any card I want to see quickly...maybe for reference to a symbol, color, etc. for
what I am doing on my current card.

And if you don't have the computer on while you are creating your card (by hand), you can
keep a 'second' box of tarot cards next to you (with all of them in the correct order starting
from the Fool to the end of the deck). That way you can easily find 'any' card you want to
refer to.

Pet Jeffery

I'm pretty sure that the first card I painted for mine was the Ace of Wands. I did the four aces, then the four twos... I was very systematic.

Loralee

I started working on The Hanged Man first, its what inspired me to make a deck.

HudsonGray

For the Ferret Tarot it was the World card.

MikeTheAltarboy

10 of Coins.
Went straight in order down to the Ace. :)
Swords are in progress, but more out of order.

Tarheelgurl

The first card I made was strength. I honestly thought I'd make the fool or death first. But when I actually say down and started on my deck, I started working on strength first. I even dreamed about it the night after I made it, haha.

RainbowGypsy

I'm not a linear type person and my deck was several years in the making and cards often got created due to a personal experience. My first card was Temperance in the Major Arcana, and while there is much more to this card than balance, I wanted to also share the message that we need to look at all sides of ourselves, light and dark as well as choices we may have made that we regret. "When we deny aspects of our own nature we cannot be whole," is also a message and lesson that many of us need to learn.

This is the Temperance card for the Rainbow Travellers Tarot.

Attachments

• 14Temperance.jpg
    14Temperance.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 94