Which card did you create first?

RainbowGypsy

Wow Blue you have a few decks I will check out now and Tarot Orat I love the thread you started. I think it would be awesome if everyone share the card they are talking about and we can all see them and then others can share along with them too. I've truly loved hearing how people have designed their decks and what approach they took to work through them.

Thanks for everyone I love seeing what you have and are creating!
Carmen

In the Rainbow Travellers Tarot, the fool has become The Traveller and this card was by far not one of the first cards I created but came to be when I was willing to take that leap of faith and quit my job to finish my tarot deck :)

Attachments

• 0Traveller.jpg
    0Traveller.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 87

Tarot Orat

Oh wow....that card is STUNNING, RainbowGypsy!

My Fool is not exactly 100% ready for prime time, but now I really want to share it so I'd better finish up quickly! :laugh:

RainbowGypsy

Thanks so much dearheart and I can't wait to see yours!! Have fun

bluedogrose

In some cases It's really a lot to do starting with the card you see most clearly isn't it? It strikes me that starting with the hanged man (hanged bird) for the Badgers Forest tarot was fitting since it took me 3 years to create, months and months of starting and stopping, whereas the rabbit was the sun and I just blazed through that deck. I am enjoying others input here, it's really interesting.

tarotbear

The Fool - since most deck designers seem to make themselves into the Fool regardless of that the theme of the deck is, I followed suit - literally - since I also made all the men in the Suit of Pentacles in my likeness.

Here I am with my pencils and brushes off to create my 78 illustrations!

Attachments

• 00 Fool.jpg
    00 Fool.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 73

RainbowGypsy

Love the colours and details in the cards you posted Aina and I agree Blue that it is so awesome following what everyone is sharing. Hey tarotbear, can you post a link to the cards you mentioned. I'd love to see them. I know that The Traveller in my deck was created at a critical time when I took one of the biggest leaps of faith, so yes the inspiration for that card was what I was going through :)