Printers' Studio Price Rises!

gregory

For me, the customs duty side of PS trumps everyone. But that's partly because in the UK if duty kicks in, there is a massive £8 charge on top, for the post office to collect it. That doesn't happen with PS.

It's not as if I am a big seller - but unless MPC has hubs like PS does and TGC does not (though they have said they are looking into this) PS still wins for me.

Freder

Can't Win for Losing

Despair.

Yes, MPC started using 310 gsm and yes, it was being offered at a considerably lower price than Printer's Studio -- but that lasted for about five minutes.

In the last three days, that card stock rose from $17 US to $19.60 and now today it has shot up to $23.90 for an 80 card deck... within about 70 cents of what Printer's Sudio is charging.

Now I have to go back into my shopping cart system and re-figure my pricing YET AGAIN.

Meanwhile, my sales continue to go into the toilet, over something that's totally beyone my control.

I will have to start thinking about having my decks mass-produced by a different printer, because this is not really sustainable, what they are doing to us. But going that route means having to mount a Kickstarter for every damn deck, and that's just for starters.... really feeling kind of crushed today...

eldritchgreene

Oh man! What can we do about this? After a recent Printer Studio ridiculous price hike I moved over to MPC (where the price hike was inevitable but still not applied, they are after all sister companies) and now they have also upped their prices by 30%+! on everything!

There has to be an alternative company that offers similar quality, any ideas? I can't hike/modify my shop prices again.

:(

reall

I use Gamecrafter for all my US orders and even have some regular costumers from EU/Germany who order from GC!:)) +they have better quality UV coating for card stock and design boxes!:)) +printed booklets and downloads!:))
so at least their services justify their prices!XD :))

imo it's better to offer better quality and fast/safe shipping than low price!?x,x

and you can always consider local printers and shipping?x,x ;))

hope that helps!^^ if anyone find good POD let us know!xD :))

starlightexp

When I was publishing decks I would do it this way.

Buy the largest card count that would give me a full or half deck

The largest count PS offers is 130 so if the deck was 80 cards that means I could upload 120 to give me a deck and half. I would have two loads one that was cards 1-80 + 1-40 and then 1-80 + 41-80

At this point that brick of cards is going to cost me $27.60 + shipping

If I order 50 bricks that brings the cost per brick $19.30 (shipping is now free)

Those bricks are going to yield me 75 decks at a cost of $14.48 a deck

The box would usually cost me about $1.00 if I cut it. Or $50 if I used a bag

The deck is total cost to me now of $15.00 so I would retail it for $30-$35.

As I was not offering up retail packs. A retail pack do to the product being so boutique would only have a 25% margin on it so I would sell a retailer a 10 pack at $22 a deck.

Packing the decks and or/making boxes was a bit of a labor but not a bad way to spend an afternoon and I was able to offer patrons a product in line with the costs they were used to paying.

HudsonGray

I wouldn't have thought of doing a deck and a half, that's brilliant!

garmonbozia

Does anyone know if the 330gm smooth card stock at MPC has issues with warping like the smooth 300gm card stock at PS did?

Any issues with any of the card stocks at MPC at all?