Simple yes or no spread

Stormwitch

Its pretty simple really. If you want a basic yes or no answer this is how I do it: (read this somewhere)

Lay out up to 13 cards one on top of the other in one pile. If you come to an ace you stop, but if no aces you stop at 13.

Second pile is to the left of your first pile, same thing.

Third pile to the left again, same thing.

An ace on top of all three piles is a definite yes.
An ace on two piles is more or less a maybe, or a yes that needs other things factored into it. At this point you look at the cards in the pile that has no ace and read them as to what advice they have.
An ace on only 1 pile is a no basically, or highly unlikely with maybe a slim chance. The cards underneath this ace will explain why its a no.
No aces of course is a resounding no.

I hope this makes sense, I can explain spreads in person but I'm not so good at typing it out!!

The crowned one

I think that is a neat variation of a traditional Three card yes/no...

All cards down: Definitely No
2 cards down: Probably No
2 cards upright: Probably Yes
All cards upright: Definitely Yes

I have heard of people pulling 1 card..up yes... down no.

These are both non-empowering :(

jayem

ive heard of the aces yes/no, but not the 13th card variations.
generally for my yes/no's, i pick the card that most resembles myself (queens of cups) and place is somewhere in the deck. i start off with 'yes' and do sort of like a 'he loves me, he loves me not' until i find my card.

Delacey

Stormwitch,
I like this spread! I've used this spread with some accurate results. I do find at times that looking at the pile without the ace for some feedback about why the answer is maybe at this point... well that having 13 cards to look over can be a little overwhelming without the context of a spread. So I just look and see what cards seem to stick out to me.

Thanks for the spread! I will continue to use this spread :)

StellarMyst

Good idea! :D I've already added this to my notes. Thanks for posting it! :D

Yours,

StellarMyst

Tara2007

Stormwitch said:
Its pretty simple really. If you want a basic yes or no answer this is how I do it: (read this somewhere)

Lay out up to 13 cards one on top of the other in one pile. If you come to an ace you stop, but if no aces you stop at 13.

Second pile is to the left of your first pile, same thing.

Third pile to the left again, same thing.

An ace on top of all three piles is a definite yes.
An ace on two piles is more or less a maybe, or a yes that needs other things factored into it. At this point you look at the cards in the pile that has no ace and read them as to what advice they have.
An ace on only 1 pile is a no basically, or highly unlikely with maybe a slim chance. The cards underneath this ace will explain why its a no.
No aces of course is a resounding no.

I hope this makes sense, I can explain spreads in person but I'm not so good at typing it out!!

I think I'll try this Stormwitch, and I'll post back here with my results. I like the way this spread feels.

Tara2007

I tried this spread yesterday, and I had some interesting results. The cards that ended up on top were: (left to right) Ace of Wands, Two of Swords and The Magician. (Archeon Tarot)

At first I thought "only one Ace....slim chance here" and then I looked at that Magician and something else struck me. He's a #1. Just like an Ace. And his kind of energy fit the answer to the question very well. And the Two of Swords could indeed be the problem. In the Archeon this card can mean keeping up your guard, just as the image shows a woman behind two crossed swords, watchful and alert. True here. And The Magician himself is so very appropriate that I am thinking that this just has to be counted as an - what could I call it? an alternate ace maybe? Interesting.

I like this spread. I'll use it again.

Love & Light

Maygreen

Thanks for sharing, this is an interesting spread and very helpful for me since I mostly don't do reversal on my readings. ^^

Dave's Angel

This has intrigued me but I have a couple of questions -

- We read whichever pile is the odd one out - ie if there are three piles with an ace, the one that hasn't got one, and the one that has if there is only one. What do we read if it's 2/2 or 4/0?

- Further to Delacey's point, how would I go about interpreting the 13 cards? I have tried in the past reading a run of cards as a narrative, but found it tricky with more than about 3 or 4 cards as they seem to need separating into smaller groups in order to nail the meanings - like text being punctuated into sentences. What do you usually do?

But thanks for posting. This is the first spread in a long time that's aroused my curiosity.

Stormwitch

Dave's Angel said:
This has intrigued me but I have a couple of questions -

- We read whichever pile is the odd one out - ie if there are three piles with an ace, the one that hasn't got one, and the one that has if there is only one. What do we read if it's 2/2 or 4/0?

- Further to Delacey's point, how would I go about interpreting the 13 cards? I have tried in the past reading a run of cards as a narrative, but found it tricky with more than about 3 or 4 cards as they seem to need separating into smaller groups in order to nail the meanings - like text being punctuated into sentences. What do you usually do?

But thanks for posting. This is the first spread in a long time that's aroused my curiosity.

ok with the 3 aces spread, you read like this..

3 aces is a definite yes (one of top of each pile)
2 aces is positive yet with something else affecting it - and this is what you look for in the top card of the pile without an ace - and the cards under that if you wish.
1 aces is leaning towards a sure no - however you would then look at the 2 piles without an ace to see what other info can be ascertained.
no aces - a no for sure. And again check the cards to see for more info.

I hope that makes sense. Note there are only 3 piles of 13 cards laid out from right to left in this spread.