RWS Tarot 101 Page of Cups

PAMUYA

Page of Cups

I see a young man admiring a cup he holds in his hand. A fish (emotion, intuition, creativity, freedom from all restraint) is in the cup.
Another thread on the Page of Cup's fish: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=21512

Water (emotions) in motion is in the background. He appears to be self confident, yet has a dreamy look in his eyes. He wears an undershirt of red (passion, desires) covered by a blue (imagination, inspiration, sensitivity) over shirt and hat. His shoes are yellow (creativity, intellect). He is free to dream and create; he is spiritual, intuitive, emotional, gentle and compassionate.

Direct: Event- Message of birth/pregnancy (especially if the Page of wants is close), emotional beginnings, starting of a new relationship, higher sense of happiness in existing relationship. Person: Positive self esteem, helpful, dreamy, creative, emotional.

Reversed: Event- Fishy situation-someone may be hurt, Dear John letter, cancelled invitations. Person: Resists love, poor self esteem, fears vulnerability, loss of innocence/trust, withdraws into fantasies, seducer

Other treads on the Page of Cups
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=94167 Page of Cups by Bec

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=11296 Page symbols:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=54852 Pages: phases of moon

rcb30872

I started a thread about this a few months ago, not even bothering to look for pre-existing threads, lol.
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=94167

Funny that you say that he appears to look self-confident, I tend to see it the other way around. He seems to be a bit on the shy/timid side, easily embarassed, quick to blush, and perhaps a tad self-conscious (as most teenagers are).

Another thing I equate with this, which I may have also read somewhere else, but I can't be sure on the origin, as it was quite some time ago. But, I would say that it may involved looking inside of himself, so to speak, and in the process, gaining love of self.

It is not just about romantic love, but also platonic and spiritual love.

I tend to somewhat see the Page of Cups as a self-exploratory card as well as the other meanings that can be associated with the card.

:love:

Bec

PAMUYA

Bec: Totally agree with what you are saying.

I am finding it very hard with the Pages and Knight cards. In a regular playing deck there is only the Jack. Now I must think of this as two separate cards instead of one...would you say that the Page is the student (exploring and learning) of his suit and the Knight acts on his knowledge(or assumed knoledge ;) ) on his suit? Just trying to separate the two. I am not really getting a feel for the cards themselves, the artwork just isn't doing it for me with the Pages and Knights. How do feel about it?

PS love your tread "fish out of water" I will remember that if the fish ever calls to me.

rcb30872

Compared to the other suits, admittedly the Cups Page and Knight are more difficult to get from the artwork, in my opinion.

HoneyBea

Sassyjackal said:
Bec: Totally agree with what you are saying.

..would you say that the Page is the student (exploring and learning) of his suit and the Knight acts on his knowledge(or assumed knoledge ;) ) on his suit?

I think the Courts are always a bit hard to get a grip on, I did take a look at the Rider Waite Page of Cups and what the colours and symbolism might mean. I think when I look at this Page I am reminded that although he is very often associated with the world of inner images, his immaturity gets in his way and he very often is not even aware that he can or should do something about his visions, or dreams - I guess this Page has yet to learn self realisation.

He is dressed in a green tunic, now although I associate green with the ability to grow, be flexible and expand I have also read it can be a colour that can govern the heart and is associated with love and harmony, which is interesting because his tunic is decorated with flowers, which look a little like tulips to me and these are thought to depict spiritual thoughts, love and happiness. Do you notice that under his green tunic is another garment of a red/brown colour, perhaps the red could signify his passion and the brown which is an earthly colour represent the effort he puts into trying to control his passion? His boots are orange a colour that is said to bring about a release of emotional energy and last but not least in his hand he holds a yellow cup, a colour associated with mental imagery.

As he looks at his cup and the fish of his imagination he seems to me neither surprised or disappointed, he seems to accept it for what it is and his imagination (the fish) looks back at him, presenting him with all sorts of possibilities. So our Page has the opportunity to turn this into something more, but there seems to be no real focus in his gaze, it's more of a contemplation. This can lead us to ask the question "is he not doing anything about these thoughts, are they just there, but not fully formed in any real way?"

This Page to me seems to allow his heart to soar, he is open to the intuitive world but at the same time he does not seem to be fully grounded yet, if I look behind him I see waves in the waters of emotions and this may well indicate to me that his emotions are up and down.

So this Page to me is developing the seed of creativity, he is finding out what the message of his suit is all about.

The Page is the messenger of the Suit,
The Knight is the one who delivers the message.
The Queen is the one who assimilates the message
The King is the one who has mastered the message.

I hope you found at least some little part of this useful in some way. :)

~HoneyBea~

PAMUYA

Thank you Honeybee ;)