something i didnt realize before

chrissydogz

is it just me or are some of the cards in rws seem abit creepy looking?0.o i have not actually read with this deck in a long time so just now im realizing.

i mean why do some people depicted on the cards have red skin? and the spinx things on the chariot card just disturb me. am i the only one who feels this way?.

Miss Divine

chrissydogz said:
is it just me or are some of the cards in rws seem abit creepy looking?0.o i have not actually read with this deck in a long time so just now im realizing.

i mean why do some people depicted on the cards have red skin? and the spinx things on the chariot card just disturb me. am i the only one who feels this way?.

I don't find the cards creepy, but I do find them disturbing for their ugliness.
I have an original RWS deck. I've tried using it, but I can't.
I have a Universal Waite I trimmed that I actually like. So it's not the drawings that bother me, it's the harsh lines and colors used in the original.

beginner

i use original rw
oh good at least some 1 finds the sphinx a little disturbing !
i felt something odd about them right from the first time i saw it but never could figure out whats disturbing me ! :/
and about the other cards they r perfectly fine with me :)

chrissydogz

lol. so im not saying every card in this deck makes me feel that way just the ones with the odd skin colors and odd looking things0.o

Abrac

I've always seen them as mysterious and strange but not creepy really. There's a fine line between wonderment and fear. The same thing that causes one person to wonder might cause another to be fearful. I think it just depends on the person and their temperament. :)

AJ

I don't know which cards you are looking at, but the methods of printing in the early 1900's looked 'dotty', if that makes sense. The original paintings are long lost so any printings based on the original images have that 'dotty' look, I've noticed it particularly on the skin of some of the characters.

That's probably why recolored versions are popular with some of our members.

You used to be able to see those dots in newspaper photos too although current printing technology has probably moved beyond that.

EarthFaery

Creepy or not every little detail helps in a reading, even the flaws :)

chrissydogz

SMV said:
Creepy or not every little detail helps in a reading, even the flaws :)
i guess so. maybe people actually looked like that thousands of years ago who knowse

beginner

what does red skin color mean to you'll ?