Joseph Vargo's Gothic Tarot Book

annik

And we can already order it. I can't wait to see what Mr. Vargo have to say on his deck!

Rede Seeker

The Gothic Tarot Compendium

My copy arrived a few days ago. Well worth the wait and price. I recommend requesting the author/artist sign your copy if you order one.

One disappointment - the photos of the cards are all in black and white. Vargo does add commentary on his colorized cards. I wish he had discussed them as a grouping. Is there a significance to them as a set or are the colorized cards intended to stand-alone?

Disa

Rede Seeker said:
I wish he had discussed them as a grouping. Is there a significance to them as a set or are the colorized cards intended to stand-alone?

Well, I ordered mine today, along with another set of cards just because. I'm wondering what your post means.. does the book not correspond with the cards? I thought that was the point of the book and the reason I decided to order it?

I was looking forward to working with them more as I'm getting into the spirit of Halloween quite early this year- and Fall seems to be the perfect time to work with them.

Disa

rwcarter

Disa said:
Well, I ordered mine today, along with another set of cards just because. I'm wondering what your post means.. does the book not correspond with the cards? I thought that was the point of the book and the reason I decided to order it?

I was looking forward to working with them more as I'm getting into the spirit of Halloween quite early this year- and Fall seems to be the perfect time to work with them.

Disa
Hi Disa,

The cards themselves are color. The cards when shown in the book are in black and white. I believe what the other poster meant was that it would have been nice if Vargo had explicitly discussed, for example, if there were some relationship between the red cards in the deck - Knight Swords, all of the Aces, 3 Swords, Emperor, Justice, Death, Temperance, etc.

Rodney

Disa

Oh I see. Thank you.

Most books do have the cards printed in black and white, so I was confused.

Disa

Phantom Goddess

I just got this book, and while I love it and am soooo pleased to see it come to pass I just have one little problem with it.

I wish they had given the reversal meanings for the cards.

Silverlyn

difference between GT books?

Hi.

I was wondering what the differences are between the little booklet that apparently comes with The GT, and the larger book you have to buy separately?

Is the little book informative enough to where you can get buy without the big book?

Silverlyn

Sulis

Silverlyn said:
Hi.

I was wondering what the differences are between the little booklet that apparently comes with The GT, and the larger book you have to buy separately?

Is the little book informative enough to where you can get buy without the big book?

Silverlyn

There is a thread about the Vargo Gothic Tarot book over in the Tarot Books and Media forum: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=78270