Effects on Tarot Readers

Cynthia_H

Just a question from a newbie. For the last few years I've done reading only for myself. Since I joined this forum a few months back, I have started reading for others.

Obviously as a newbie my readings take a lot of time and I try to give my sitter the best reading that my level of competence can give them. Also oftentimes, but not alway, after a reading I feel very tired as if I have lost energy and am sort of a slug for the rest of the night (unless something fun comes up, then I can doff off my slugness....)

I am curious, from you more experienced folks, what do you feel after doing a reading ? Cheers, Cynthia

Signy

Online readings tend to drain me, but that's because of the writing, proofreading and formatting aspects of the work. In-person readings usually leave me excited and energized.

Cynthia_H

Online readings tend to drain me, but that's because of the writing, proofreading and formatting aspects of the work. In-person readings usually leave me excited and energized.
Interesting, I have only done online readings & I know what you mean about writing, proofreading, and formatting.

nisaba

I am curious, from you more experienced folks, what do you feel after doing a reading ? Cheers, Cynthia

I actually just feel normal. Sometimes I am restless: I want to get up and walk. :)

Barleywine

Energized. After doing a few readings in a row, thirsty. After the stimulation wears off, I sleep very well.

Dogs&Coffee

Online readings leave me drained. I'm only good for two or three then the mojo wears off.

In person or live chat readings are usually smooth sailing depending on the subject matter, but those are more of a conversational energetic exchange... not a one way street as online readings tend to be.

Trogon

I have learned that doing a lot of readings can leave me drained as well. But it's kind of a good feeling, like being tired after doing anything for a while. I did learn a long time ago to keep myself hydrated while doing multiple readings, if I don't I can get a headache after a while. Over the years, as I've practiced more, I have also found that I can do more readings in a day than I could when I first started. It's like most other skills, the more readings you do, the more you can do.

EmpyreanKnight

Have you tried grounding routines, Cynthia_H? They might help.

SunChariot

Just a question from a newbie. For the last few years I've done reading only for myself. Since I joined this forum a few months back, I have started reading for others.

Obviously as a newbie my readings take a lot of time and I try to give my sitter the best reading that my level of competence can give them. Also oftentimes, but not alway, after a reading I feel very tired as if I have lost energy and am sort of a slug for the rest of the night (unless something fun comes up, then I can doff off my slugness....)

I should say that I only read online. I have also heard of others feeling tired afterwards but that has never been the case for me.

Of course, in online reading you DO have the luxury to stopping anytime you feel tired at all, walking away and doing your thing, then coming back and picking up where you left off when the mood strikes you.

I purposely allow for this by leaving myself about double the time to do a reading that I expect it to take. That way usually people get it early. But if I do feel any tiredness I CAN still stop and rest. My readings are also very long to do.

That said, after a reading I feel in a meditative kind of state. Super relaxed and in tune with life and the energies around me. Calm, happy, connected, full of hope and optimism. In love with life. Really it's pretty therapeutic for me to read for someone. That and strangely enough, ALWAYS the question someone asks me is also relative to my own life. It's just uncanny how this always happens!

So as I help them find answers to their questions, I always find some answers for myself as well. :grin:

Babs

Enlightenment23

Absolutely. I see where you're coming from and can totally relate! Whether I'm doing an online reading or reading in-person, I always feel all the energy just draining out of me. I just start yawning an abnormal number of times, I get a random desire to take a nap, and I just feel sluggish ...

Even to a point where I start slurring my words or start having troubles framing the question correctly. It's awful.