Symbolism that you think should be in the cards

BRAM

Symbols you think should be in cards

The message below written by Pedeka inspired me to open this thread... Would you like to share the list of symbols you think should be on a specific card?
And what reason you have for using a symbol...OR leaving out symbols of excisting/traditional Tarot Decks.

THANK YOU!!!
Bram

Pedeka wrote:

Hi

Im new to the forum, but am VERY interested in this. I have complied 3
ring binders full of "symbolism" and what I think should go into the
"perfect" deck. I think I'll have to get more paper for notes after reading
here...lol. I have some artistic talent, but mainly doing large scale murals,
though I have done some manuscript illumination. I think that I haven't
started because , being a gemini, that I'm afraid that I won't have the
follow through to keep up the energy for a whole deck. Plus the idea of
"paring down" everything that I would want to put into each card is
daunting. I think each card would have to be mural sized to cram all the
pictures and symbols I would decide to add.
But I do like the idea of being able to follow with others and learn by what
they are doing.

Liliana

I prefer the High Priestess have black and white pillars, preferably with the B and J on them. and that she has the TORA scroll. I also like her wearing the equal armed cross and some sort of moon symbol.

:THP

merri

Great thread idea!

My mind is absolutely refusing to work at the moment ..but I can't wait to read the ideas that'll be generated here.

...also just thinking how cool a huge tarot mural of the fools journey would be, with all the scenes blending seamlessly into each other and coming full circle. wow! ..would love to see something like that!

debins

Merri--Huge tarot mural...

quote"..also just thinking how cool a huge tarot mural of the fools journey would be, with all the scenes blending seamlessly into each other and coming full circle. wow! ..would love to see something like that!"/quote.
Oh me, too. How utterly marvelous. What a great idea! I would love one for my front hall. Oh my. I'm quite taken with the idea.
Namaste,
Debins.

BRAM

Liliana said:
I prefer the High Priestess have black and white pillars, preferably with the B and J on them. and that she has the TORA scroll. I also like her wearing the equal armed cross and some sort of moon symbol.

:THP

Hi Liliana...thanks fo the reply!
Could you tell me why you like to use these symbols?
The Magician and The High Priestess (don't they respresent ying and yang?) Why are the pillars black and white on the card, for the High Priestess respresents ying? and it somehow suggests a relation between her and the Charriot, which I don't quite see.

I need to study the occult more, chuckles

Liliana

Well Im an ecleclectic Christian

The pillars are a couple things, first they are the pillars of Solomons temple in the Bible. They also are the pillars of severity and mercy in the Qabala (also black and white) The B and J are Boaz and Jachim,also on the pillars of Solomons temple.

I like the moon symbol because the High Priestess is astrologically the moon card and I especially like the triple moon symbol as a link to Wiccan highp riestesses, tho I know that is not what the rider waite is depicting

Im like the equal arm cross as a symbol depicting balance of all elements, and also a symbol of Christianity to me personally.

I like the partially hidden tora scroll because of its representation of secrets hidden, does it say tarot backwards, or does it say torah, the first 5 books of the Bible

THE ORIGINAL :THP

catlin

I think a veil should also be added to the HP to represent the hidden mysteries and to enhance the relationship with Isis.

I' also love to see a kitty with the HP but this is a personal taste ;P

blue_fusion

well, id like more of white for the death card. as well as white lilies. and chrysanthemums, and wysterias. and trees with spanish mosses, perhaps an orchard, and a man walking underneath the trees, holdind hands with a child, towards their long walk to eternity.

hope that helps.
:)

HudsonGray

One question here--I think first you'll want to decide if you want to stick with the basic Rider-Waite interpretations or strike out on your own & stick your own symbolism in, breaking new ground. There are a lot of RW clones, and many which are unique--they're all tarot but follow different courses.

Which category were you looking to be in? I think you need to decide that first before starting in on the entire deck. Most people here seem to think you're doing a RW clone.

migueldart

Tarot symbolism

I have the nagging suspicion that all female images in the Tarot are different aspects of the Mother Goddess.

Am I wrong?