What is retrograde right now and when does it all (or most of it) go direct?

Ace

I don't do Astrology but I do find somethings do work, especially retrogrades.

I heard recently that FIVE Planets were in retrograde. Which five? When do they go direct.

I am beginning to want to blame the rise of Trump and the general chaos in my life with retrogrades! And I usually don't have a problem with Mercury Retrograde, except that it screws up my electronics.

barb

decan

Currently only 4 planets are retrograding. Lately Jupiter became direct (but he remains in his detriment in Virgo...until september!)

Well. Mercury, Mars and Saturn are retrograde, plus Pluto.
On astrodienst you can check this and when they will become direct again.
Mercury will become direct soon, on May 23. Generally I take some notes on these things on my diary, and when I think it's really too bad, I go in hivernation for a while :)

Ace

Thanks, Decan. I looked at that web site, astrodienst, but I am afraid I don't understand it. Pluto I assume, because it moves so slowly, could be retrograde for years, maybe centuries!

barb

decan

Uranus, Neptune and Pluto are very slow, and when they are retrograde it's for quite a long time, but not centuries! lol

You could just look at that with the Traditional Planets: Saturn, Jupiter, Mars, Venus & Mercury (The Sun and Moon are never retrograde).

Here is a link to Swiss Ephemeris:
http://www.astro.com/swisseph/swepha_f.htm?lang=e

dadsnook2000

Trump and retrogrades

You can't directly link Trump to retrograde motion over the past many months. The outer planets, which move the slowest and have the longest retrograde periods, broadly appear to move backwards about a third of the year. Only. Trump has been running for Presidential nomination by his chosen party since last summer. This is way beyond any retrograde period. You will have to look for other factors as to why he bothers you so much. There seems to be many reasons to choose from. Dave

Ace

I am mainly talking about the backward political situation of the last several months (or even years) and how long some of the far planets have been retrograde. Since I don't know astrology, I was wondering if all this retrograde could cause the extra big mess the world is in right now (not just here.)

barb

danieljuk

Hi Ace,
I think there is hugely different opinions about retrograde (I am only an astrology beginner really but read different views). In modern pop psychology, retrogrades have become something you should fear! Everything will go wrong that is associated with that planet. However other astrologers just see it as a time when you need to deal with something in that area and turn inwards! I guess it could cross both points of view, your phone dies and a person realises that they are missing interaction with real people, that could be one mercury retrograde happening perhaps. Other people think they don't change anything at all.

I don't think astrology as simple as planets are retrograde, everything will be awful, we have to look in our birth charts and see what areas the planets are in, they might not affect us at all this time or it might be life changing or an important lesson. However I see retrogrades as healing in some way to make that area stronger or better for the future.

I think Dave is right about the rise of Trump, it's not exactly linked to the backwards motion of the retrogrades and it's important to look at why it makes you so mad? That could be about the retrograde action. For example say you don't support Trump, it's important to believe perhaps that the world is progressive mostly and even though he has support, to have faith that things move forwards and hate doesn't win in the end. You could get angry about it or just find peace, just stick to your values as a person. Perhaps this is about how you react to it?

I was reading a blog somewhere where I can't remember now argh! Many of the current planetary alignments also happened in the 60's during the Civil Rights Movement, this weekend has a nasty Mars opposition which also happened then. I think from this there will be a healing in some form. I am taking particular notice of things like the NC transgender bathroom situation and other states looking to copy that perhaps in future, it started before the retrogrades started happening and pressure is mounting in those areas. I think when planets go direct we will see a shift or change there.

I write down events in my own life and then compare it to the planets, currently I am having a hard time in the retrograde because of the places the planets are in in my birth chart! However perhaps it needed to happen for healing or to move me to a better place.

It could take quite a while for planets to get back to their full speed and energy after retrograde, things could start going back to being direct in about August! I am looking out personally for what healing occurs in the world from this and in my own life :) However I definitely want to explore them and keep open minded to what happens under them, I don't want to just fear them or put anything that happens as their cause. It's more subtle than that.