Kipper "Fin de Siécle"

Asher

If anyone else uses his new Kipper as an adjunct in Lenormand readings, I'd be interested in hearing how it goes.

In Ciro's companion pdf that comes with the deck, one of the readers does exactly this in the sample readings section.

cirom

I was invited by the mods to move along, Nevertheless as you asked a valid and relevant question i will respond. This deck comes with a comprehensive pdf document that explains my rational for every modification and addition I made. Its worth noting that each image was shown to the publisher of the original Kipper deck, just for the hell of it, and specifically the one that was dismissed earlier in this thread as being wrong. Had they responded by saying that something was truly off base, I would have considered attempting a different visual approach. As it happens the publisher seemed quite enthusiastic, and considered the "incorrect" card to be an improvement on the original in portraying the intended meaning. In fact they will now be publishing this deck next year.... As to your specific question, that is also dealt with in the PDF where there is a sample reading with diagrams demonstrating the use of both this and my lenormand together and in conjunction with the the corresponding "house positions". If you would like more information i would be willing to provide those diagrams, but not on Aclectic, contact me by e-mail.

frelkins

The companion pdf is quite thorough and includes card meanings and spreads written by three Kipper readers. A valuable resource, since there is virtually nothing yet written in English on the Kipperkarten.

Thank you. As a long-time member here, I'm happy you find the companion document helpful. It was such a joy to write it for you. :D If you have any more questions, never hesitate to ask. :D Best wishes to all & happy Halloween/Samhain.

frelkins

how well do you think the new deck will blend with the Gilded Reverie, which is my primary Lenormand deck (and which has a few adaptations of its own)? The original Kipper seems to be highly compatible with the traditional Lenormand decks, but it would be nice to have harmonious modern versions from the same creator.

They mix beautifully. I often to do this in my professional practice actually! :D In fact in the companion document, I give an example of using the two together in a Grand Tableau. Best wishes & happy Halloween/Blessed Samhain. :D

frelkins

In Ciro's companion pdf that comes with the deck, one of the readers does exactly this in the sample readings section.

Thank you. That would be me. :D I'm glad you liked the companion document. It was such a beautiful experience to offer to the community, and working with Ciro is a dream come true for me. :D Happy Halloween/Blessed Samhain!

canid

I received my deck also and it's gorgeous! I wonder if the creator of the Mystical Kipper got such negative reviews...I'm lucky enough to have that LWB (in English) to carry around in the beautiful bag that came with the deck, for times when I'm not in a wifi zone to access the PDF. ANY information is difficult to find regarding Kipper. I think that if the OP has requested that a thread be removed, it should be. They're the paying members, after all, right? That's the bread and butter here, right? Why are all the negative comments allowed? I certainly would have been chastized, and I may now be. I love the Kipper system, Ciro's new take on the it, the art, the PDF, the bag, all of it. With those mindsets I've seen here, we would all be reading with only the RWS or Toth. How many decks do YOU have?

Barleywine

I was invited by the mods to move along, Nevertheless as you asked a valid and relevant question i will respond. This deck comes with a comprehensive pdf document that explains my rational for every modification and addition I made. Its worth noting that each image was shown to the publisher of the original Kipper deck, just for the hell of it, and specifically the one that was dismissed earlier in this thread as being wrong. Had they responded by saying that something was truly off base, I would have considered attempting a different visual approach. As it happens the publisher seemed quite enthusiastic, and considered the "incorrect" card to be an improvement on the original in portraying the intended meaning. In fact they will now be publishing this deck next year.... As to your specific question, that is also dealt with in the PDF where there is a sample reading with diagrams demonstrating the use of both this and my lenormand together and in conjunction with the the corresponding "house positions". If you would like more information i would be willing to provide those diagrams, but not on Aclectic, contact me by e-mail.

Thanks for the detailed reply. I can wait for the PDF document, and am enthusiastically anticipating the deck.

frelkins

I love the Kipper system, Ciro's new take on the it, the art, the PDF, the bag, all of it.

Thanks so much for your plaudits on the companion document! :D I really tried to bring the Kippergeist out as I had experienced it, esp. in Switzerland. Ciro I think believes you should also keep the app on your smartphone, so if you have questions about card meanings you can just have the card tell you itself. ;) But I do love both the Mystical decks, personally, and am fortunate enough to be acquainted with Urban Trosch, the artist. We actually lived only about 10 mins. from each other in Switzerland. :D

Enjoy!

canid

Thanks so much for your plaudits on the companion document! :D I really tried to bring the Kippergeist out as I had experienced it, esp. in Switzerland. Ciro I think believes you should also keep the app on your smartphone, so if you have questions about card meanings you can just have the card tell you itself. ;) But I do love both the Mystical decks, personally, and am fortunate enough to be acquainted with Urban Trosch, the artist. We actually lived only about 10 mins. from each other in Switzerland. :D

Enjoy!

Yeah, well, the smartphone thing is a grand idea but I've not yet mastered it. So sad. Something to do with wrong passwords and such.

Cocobird55

My Kipper deck should arrive tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it. I've already read the book, which I thought was excellent.