pros of using the reversals with your oracle,kipper, lenormand. etc

HOLMES

Using reversals with oracles (especially the kipper and the lenormand)
After I had just brought my lenormand deck and did a reading exchange with my friend who had the lenormand as well. So we were getting started and she said now this card is reversed and I was like what you use reversals ? and she said yes , I use them in the tarot why not the lenormand:?
And that blew my mind for I was content to use the reversals with the tarot for in the books I had when I first started out had reversals. And I realized the shock I had was what tarot purists must have had when the new generation at the time started using reversals. (assuming marsielles purists didn’t use reversals and it started as norm in the 70s when eden grey generation came out. I know she was the first book I read).

So as I started learning the kipper, I found it limiting to me not to have reversals after a day or two and so I started studying them with reversals as the reason is it is now 2017 but it goes like this,, why not use what we can to add more depth to a reading. For example besides combos, I am sure numerology can be added as there is numbers on the cards.

Now this post isn’t about “you must use reversals with your oracles “ as it is clearly a personal choice, the main thing though is to open up your mind to the possibilities of using reversals with your oracles.

I think here is the main reason why I didn’t use reversals with oracles presently is this.
A . medicine cards, sweat lodge cards, sacred path cards.
Because I only the book with the cards (as I didn’t study the cards) I wasn’t comfortable using reversals with them at the time. Also I just used the medicine cards to get my power animals. And so only used the sweat lodge cards once on the forum I think. And twice in real life
b. Doreen virtue cards
at the time I was going with the positive aspect of the cards, especially when using the mediumship/talking to heaven deck. But it could work,, let say I get writer off life purpose cards, and it is reversed I would read mostly as your efforts to become a writer has been blocked.

It could work I think with the oracles , let take the mice for the lenormand card and it is reversed. I would look at it as to pay extra attention for mice for you are not aware they are there.
Or perhaps with the kipper and the imprisonment is reversed, could it actually mean they wont’ go to jail ?
So before I go on further I offer these posts.
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/card-meanings/reversed/introduction.shtml
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/learn/wacky_reversals.shtml

and if you look up tarot reversals you will see some people make articles about why they don’t’ use them or why they use them.

Again it is an individual process and so it is fine if one doesn’t use reversals. I would say about 13 years here at the forum against astrology and tarot working together even after buying the book tarot and astrology. I think I tried but it didn’t click for me for I had my own mental blockages I think that stopped me, then all the sudden it clicked. And while I am on the subject of evolving one knowledge , style when reading.. I think if a person get stuck they fall into a rut and then perhaps it blocks their intuition, or reading no longer is fresh for them. An further example is up until a couple of years ago,, I really relied on positions reading,, and hardly even relied on them as a full spread. For me each position buit on the other. This helped me when using one card to build a story with the other in 3x3 spread that I am now getting used to.
So some points that you will read in links above .

1. Reversals means opposite of the card
That is the most obvious,, marriage reversed no marriage, ship reversed no travel,

2. Reversals means delayed/blockages

You will get married but it will be delayed, you may go to prison after all but it will take a lengthy trial. you should put your trip off for a while til a better time comes along.

3. Reversals means a lesser energy

Going by tarot for a minute,,the sun reversed,, there will be happy times but it won’t be as good.
Sometimes you see the lovers cards but you just don’t feel that it means they are not meant to be together . instead it means there will be love but it won’t as hot as they want it to be

4. Reversals means an inner world

Sometimes reversals means not so much an outer aspects but an inner aspect of loving yourself, letting ideas die , facing your inner fears in the devil.

5. Reversals can mean a lower world

This means more shamanic lower world then hell, that is the world where despite some shamans saying this is where the world of the dead preside, issues of the past are, and some nature animals, and helpers reside as well. And could be our subsconsouness as well.

Another thing is reversals in my experience tends to show what needs to be paid extra attention to , and usually highlights what isn’t readily known. Example suppose you have a reading and the devil is there, but later on the 5 of wands reversed is there. No positions. Now a person obviously is aware of the devil energy in their reading.. but not so much how they might be giving up to much in debates and losing their intregrity. (losing one intregrity can happen in small stages).
So when doing a 3x3 reading it will add more depth,, but can be limiting if you see a reversal as only one of these aspects. And in the end you have to go with your inution.. where you just feel the energy of the card is so strong (hopefully it is a positive card when you feel this ) that it will overcome any block energies in its way.

So as I am linking this into the kipper study thread ,, I encourage you to try it with the kipper , but can be used almost with any oracle.