New Beginner Course

sweetcherise13

It sounds like this would be great with different exercises as well.
I've been attempting to limit my sources for interpretations so I don't get too awfully confused or receive muddled readings.
It does appear that many different cards are used as the work card. That one is giving me some trouble nailing down to one card. The moon makes some connection for me in a spiritual based way but for employment in general? That's a new one.

I'm gonna give his course a whirl. :)

Disa

I like what I've read of it so far. I got a deck of playing cards and followed the instructions. I've skimmed over a few of the exercises and I think it's just what I needed. I'm going to try to take my time with it and go step by step- a little at a time for however long it takes. MAybe this is the key to having the info finally sink in.

Barleywine

It does appear that many different cards are used as the work card. That one is giving me some trouble nailing down to one card. The moon makes some connection for me in a spiritual based way but for employment in general? That's a new one.

Of all the proposed work cards, the Moon has always made the most sense to me because one of the general esoteric connotations for the archetypal Moon is routine, habitual and cyclical activities, of which hourly work is certainly one. The Anchor would be my second choice, but that seems to fit better as long-term career considerations rather than day-to-day employment. The Fox never made much of an impression on me in that context.

It's probably worth noting that the Philippe Lenormand Sheet (the original LWB) didn't have a "work" card (although it did have commerce, trade and enterprise cards), nor did it have a "sex" card (although it did have a card of "dubious virtue"). Those seem to be modern accretions. Maybe those subjects were considered uncouth in polite salon society.

It sounds like this course will be right up my alley!

Disa

How are you guys doing with the course? I've just worked through to exercise 4. So far so good. I like the simplicity of the instructions, easy for me to follow. It says to do exercise 2 at least once every day during the first few weeks of study. Today was my first day- lets see if I can commit this time.

sweetcherise13

Of all the proposed work cards, the Moon has always made the most sense to me because one of the general esoteric connotations for the archetypal Moon is routine, habitual and cyclical activities, of which hourly work is certainly one. The Anchor would be my second choice, but that seems to fit better as long-term career considerations rather than day-to-day employment. The Fox never made much of an impression on me in that context.

It's probably worth noting that the Philippe Lenormand Sheet (the original LWB) didn't have a "work" card (although it did have commerce, trade and enterprise cards), nor did it have a "sex" card (although it did have a card of "dubious virtue"). Those seem to be modern accretions. Maybe those subjects were considered uncouth in polite salon society.

Thank you Barleywine,. That helps me out on the Moon card as it relates to work. :)

How are you guys doing with the course? I've just worked through to exercise 4. So far so good. I like the simplicity of the instructions, easy for me to follow. It says to do exercise 2 at least once every day during the first few weeks of study. Today was my first day- lets see if I can commit this time.
You're ahead of me Disa. I'm working on getting my "practice deck" ready. The deck my hubby had has no suit reference on each card so I'm still in the prep stage.

Tanga

Looks like Björn Meuris has finally made his outstanding basic Lenormand course, in English, and in pdf format, available on his new web store!

I so highly recommend his course. There are some great books out now in English but this course teaches beginners step by step to think for themselves and gives some solid direction to people who truly want to know how to read the cards in a traditional way. And for only $10 you can quit banging your head against the wall and have the doors of this oracle thrown wide open...

Thank you so much for the "heads up".
I have an August "Lernomand study holiday" planned - and will use this then...

:) :)

Tag_jorrit

I found this discussion of "work" cards in Fennario's blog here. It's really interesting how she relates the various cards to the PL sheet, that are used for work by traditional readers.

Barleywine

I found this discussion of "work" cards in Fennario's blog here. It's really interesting how she relates the various cards to the PL sheet, that are used for work by traditional readers.

Thanks for the link. I see her point about the Anchor, but will probably still use the Moon since recognition, honors, etc. often equate to promotion (or at least raises) at work, which I think goes beyond the public arena. Since the average length of time a typical person holds the same job these days is around 2.4 years before moving on, it seems more "Moon-ish" than "Anchor-ish" to me. Changing times, I'd say . . .

FLizarraga

Looks like Björn Meuris has finally made his outstanding basic Lenormand course, in English, and in pdf format, available on his new web store!

I so highly recommend his course. There are some great books out now in English but this course teaches beginners step by step to think for themselves and gives some solid direction to people who truly want to know how to read the cards in a traditional way. And for only $10 you can quit banging your head against the wall and have the doors of this oracle thrown wide open.

The other 2 course that he used to have, the Method of Distance and the Grand Tableau in English are sure to follow.

There is a little information about him on the old, now forgotten Traditional Lenormand Fortune Tellers Guild site.

Thanks for the link and the recommendation, Tag. The part about teaching beginners to think for themselves is what sold me.

I am slowly getting to a point where I can squeeze some meaning off a reading, but all the books I have contradict or even cancel each other out, and the online info can get just as confusing. (Not to mention the constant squabbling.)

Tag_jorrit

Thanks for the link and the recommendation, Tag. The part about teaching beginners to think for themselves is what sold me.

I am slowly getting to a point where I can squeeze some meaning off a reading, but all the books I have contradict or even cancel each other out, and the online info can get just as confusing. (Not to mention the constant squabbling.)

We learned to speak gradually because we were taught from infancy. Most of us don't have the luxury of learning Lenormand that way, so we need to work at it.

Like any other course you would take, the information won't miraculously jump into your head. You must do the work yourself. And after you do the work, you know the material. It's yours. It's no longer a mysterious subject that you long to know, because you have made it yours by the work you have done to install it in your being.

Just like when you read books you don't have to look in a dictionary for meanings to the words on the page because you already learned all the words you need to understand what is written.

Once you have this knowledge firmly entrenched in your brain, then and only then, can you read Lenormand intuitively; because now your 'intuition' is based upon knowledge of the subject. And you can wring out every little piece of information the cards can offer.