Orphalese Tarot Reinstall

Barleywine

I reinstalled Orphalese on my new computer using a fresh download of the setup file. I transferred my old hard drive to my new computer as a secondary drive; I was able to locate the "traditional" deck file I had downloaded from the website a while ago, and I successfully copied it over to the new Orphales folder. But I'm unable to find the files holding the spreads I created on the old computer. They were a lot of work and I would hate to have to recreate them from scratch. They don't seem to be in the old folder, or at least they aren't recognizable.

Has anyone had experience with Orphalese for this sort of thing?

Alta

Try gregory, she knows this program well.

Barleywine

Got it figured out. There is a second Orphalese Tarot folder in My Documents that has a number of sub-folders in it, including Spreads and Decks. I just copied-and-pasted the spreads from the old drive to the new one, and everything works fine.

gregory

Try gregory, she knows this program well.
gregory does indeed - but v10 is new with many new features and I can't say I have played with the spreads thing - so I am VERY glad you found it, BARLEYWINE and so you will always be to me ;)

But THE person to PM at these times is purple_scorp. She is sort of part of it all.

purple_scorp

I know I am late to this party but hey, better late than never.

There's no change to folder locations with version 10.

There should be a folder in My Documents called Orphalese Tarot and subfolders under that for:

Spreads - called spreads
Decks - called packs
Readings - called readings
Subsets - called subsets
Deck Collections - called collections
Images - called tiles

Having said that, you can change the location of the data files. Or point your new install to the old folder location (if they are on the same computer).

If ever in doubt, do a search for *.xml files. Packs, Spreads, Subsets and Deck Collections all have files with an .xml extension.

Glad you got it sorted Barleywine.

If you get stuck again, feel free to pm me at any time.