Samhain DOB 2016 - possible design, thoughts?

GlitterNova

Here's my totally unprofessional opinion... I like the brown background the best, not a huge fan of the purple color. To me it sort of clashes with the other colors of the deck. Just out of curiosity I put the purple card image into Paint.NET and played around with the background color. My personal preference is with the background desaturated and slightly hue-adjusted (this is what I came up with). You're a great artist Seven so I'm sure whatever you settle with will look great!

Scarlet Woodland

Here's my totally unprofessional opinion... I like the brown background the best, not a huge fan of the purple color. To me it sort of clashes with the other colors of the deck. Just out of curiosity I put the purple card image into Paint.NET and played around with the background color. My personal preference is with the background desaturated and slightly hue-adjusted (this is what I came up with). You're a great artist Seven so I'm sure whatever you settle with will look great!

That looks great! :thumbsup:

seven stars

I like that hue - kind of torn though because I do like the brown.

If it's just going to be a borderless DOB, I want it to be 'the Borderless DOB' & make that one of the options, not a limited production thing. The brown with a very Samhain backing might work though.

rylla

This year for the 2016 version of the Samhain Deck of the Bastard, I'm thinking Blood Moon....the Red Deck was insanely popular & I think I'm going to miss the red theme, but this time with it I thought maybe a deck with no borders, just simple titles, something really old looking.....I came up with this idea but I haven't done too many cards yet so I don't have to commit to this idea if people are like, "eh"....I thought they'd look cool with the red moons lined up in readings, what do you guys think? Is this design a "go" or a "no"?

Awesome! (with the later posted moon improvement). I like this much more than with the blue background.

I'd like the right image on the
[img=http://www65.zippyshare.com/scaled/vr52ClvZ/file.html][/img]
it's just the background doesn't match with the classical (in lack of better word) Fool in front.

ETA What about a complete RW inspired Samhain deck? (I would LOVE an RW deck made by you)
(don't mind us; everyone has a different idea - in the end we are all very pleased with whatever you do)

reall

ETA What about a complete RW inspired Samhain deck? (I would LOVE an RW deck made by you)
(don't mind us; everyone has a different idea - in the end we are all very pleased with whatever you do)
I sign up this!XD ;))

aquestionmark

I am interested to see how this deck is coming along :)

Thoughtful

l will throw a spanner in the works lol, after seeing all the possibilities shown here, have to say l like your original concept Seven Stars.

alainaobrien

l will throw a spanner in the works lol, after seeing all the possibilities shown here, have to say l like your original concept Seven Stars.

I love the original posted as well!