Help me choose an oracle deck please! Enable me! :)

BeyondtheVeil

I am considering getting an oracle deck or two. I am wondering which ones that you like {that I have listed} and why. I would like an oracle deck that can actually 'give readings" and not just fun one card readings. Is there such a thing? {You can list those decks if I don't have them listed below}.

What are your thoughts on these...

Victorian Flower Oracle

Madame Endora's Fortune Telling Cards

Gypsy Witch Fortune Telling Playing Cards

Russian Gypsy Fortune Telling Cards

Messages from the Angels

The Psychic Tarot Oracle Cards

If you have others that are just great for accurate helpful readings then please list those as well. I would prefer to stick with in print decks as I am new to these and don't want to spend a lot of money if I end up not liking them.

Thanks so much!
BeyondTheVeil

Kanon

I have Victorian Flower Oracle and I love it. Maybe it will be easier to read if you are "into" flowers; but I'm not that into flowers, and I still can read it because of the images. They speak, and look so alive for me. And the border is really nice. You'll get the book along with the deck. I haven't read mine, but I'm sure it will help a lot for understanding the deck.

They are not on the list, but maybe you can take a look on Enchanted Oracle (this one is my favorite :love:) and Oracle of the Dragonfae.

Bernice

Lenormand cards: There are several decks by different artists, so you have a choice of images that please you.

Oracle Ge: Like the Lenormands, there is no text on the cards, leaving interpretation completely free for your own interpretation. (Unless you use the LWBs).

Oracle of the Radient Sun. They have one word at the bottom of the card.

Bee :)

BeyondtheVeil

Kanon said:
I have Victorian Flower Oracle and I love it. Maybe it will be easier to read if you are "into" flowers; but I'm not that into flowers, and I still can read it because of the images. They speak, and look so alive for me. And the border is really nice. You'll get the book along with the deck. I haven't read mine, but I'm sure it will help a lot for understanding the deck.

They are not on the list, but maybe you can take a look on Enchanted Oracle (this one is my favorite :love:) and Oracle of the Dragonfae.

I am not too much into flowers, but I do love almost everything Victorian. :love: :D
I guess that is what the draw is for me. I do like the Victorian flower wallpaper. :laugh: I wanted the Victorian Tarot deck.. but not enough to pay more than $30 for it! LOL The 270 price tag is a bit much even though I think I would love that deck. Hopefully someone will make another Victorian Tarot deck soon.

I really like the Oracle of the Dragonfly. {well atleast looking at the link that you sent}. Thanks for taking the time to respond and post those links!

I have some new things to consider. :)

BeyondtheVeil

BeyondtheVeil

Bernice said:
Lenormand cards: There are several decks by different artists, so you have a choice of images that please you.

Oracle Ge: Like the Lenormands, there is no text on the cards, leaving interpretation completely free for your own interpretation. (Unless you use the LWBs).

Oracle of the Radient Sun. They have one word at the bottom of the card.

Bee :)

Thanks Bee! I am learning so much! I will definitely have to check those out. I really like doing some readings with just intuition, so the Lenormands sound very interesting too.

I will go check this out online today! Thanks so much!!

BeyondtheVeil

emmsma

I second the Lenormand decks. There is such a variety of them to choose from. They've always been very easy for me to read with.

From your list, I've had some good dialogs with the Madame Endora's Fortune Telling Cards. If the Gypsy cards you are referring to are the LS ones, I like them too.

FatesLady

From your list, I have the Victorian Flower Oracle and love it! I also love the Enchanted the the Dragonfae.

Aerin

The Mystical Lenormand has great images IMO if Lenormand is your thing and you don't want the traditional ones.

Gypsy Witch: Hate the descriptions on each card, often seem to look on the black side. If I want something written, please can I have a nice poem like on the Owl lenormand decks? And IMO it is ugly. Lots will disagree.

Anything Doreen Virtue is very positive and fluffy bunny, which can be nice if you are feeling down and only want a positive message. It's like hot chocolate - great in small doses but you don't want too much.

I really like:

Froud's Faeries
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/faeries-oracle/review.shtml

Good Witch Bad Witch for fun

Druid Animal Oracle http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/druid-animal-oracle/ - really beautiful, also the Plant Oracle also Will Worthington art. The Druidcraft artist. But you are in the US so may prefer something more US based?

But it helps to know what you are really interested in, there's sea life stuff, mythical stuff, storytelling (love, love the Dreamtime http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/oracle-of-the-dreamtime/, OK OOP but there's a copy on amazon uk that is cheap with the cards), horses, Celtic...

What's your taste in tarot like?

Aerin x

Ange

Victorian flower oracle.....excellent.

Messages from you Angels another good one....as is Mermaids and Dolphins by the same auther.

Look at all the Froud images before you buy cos one image gives me the shivers....:(
Ang x