Useful website to interpret Horary!

Minderwiz

Thanks for that explanation. I must admit I've never heard of him but knowing you, I fully accept that his intentions are honourable and he believes what he says. However I still find some of his statements at total variance with what we know of the practice of Astrology. I have similar issues with Noel Tyl, who insists on redefining Peregrine to mean something totally different from it's proper meaning. His excuse is/was that the original meaning has fallen out of use and the word can be appropriated for a new meaning.

Beginner students reading his work and indeed that of Raymond Navarro, will pick up take these statements as a true reflection of How Astrology has always been practiced. It would be better if they explained the changes they have made and their reasons for doing it.

Incidentally did you receive any rationale for what he was doing?

Astraea

Thanks for that explanation. I must admit I've never heard of him but knowing you, I fully accept that his intentions are honourable and he believes what he says. However I still find some of his statements at total variance with what we know of the practice of Astrology. I have similar issues with Noel Tyl, who insists on redefining Peregrine to mean something totally different from it's proper meaning. His excuse is/was that the original meaning has fallen out of use and the word can be appropriated for a new meaning.

Beginner students reading his work and indeed that of Raymond Navarro, will pick up take these statements as a true reflection of How Astrology has always been practiced. It would be better if they explained the changes they have made and their reasons for doing it.

Incidentally did you receive any rationale for what he was doing?
Yes, I agree with you completely, point-for-point.

No, Gilbert Navarro never offered a rationale for his techniques, except to state emphatically that they worked. :D

Edited to add: I'm not surprised that you hadn't heard of Navarro. His heyday was pre-Internet, and as I recall he only advertised in The Mountain Astrologer. Astrology conferences were just starting to take off in that era, but the only way to hear about them was through print publications. I doubt that Navarro lectured outside the US. He was quite popular regionally, as was his colleague Bobbi Bratcher-Hill (of whom I've heard literally nothing since the late 90s). Bobbi was another student of Ivy's.

Also, I've edited my prior posts because I kept referring to Gilbert as Raymond. Was I confusing him with the actor, Ramon Navarro, or am I just senile? Don't answer that! :D

Astraea

Minderwiz, I sent you a pm (on an unrelated issue).