insight needed as to what the H*** is going on!

truthsayer

i have a few astrology questions that i haven't been able to find answers to on my own. my 40th b-day will be 2-26. it's my understanding that astrologically, every new decade has it's own kind of developmental tasks created by certain planetary configurations. for example, for ppl around 29 to 30 it's the 1st saturn return. what would mine be? i have noticed that the energy i'm experiencing lately feels very heavy. i'm experienced this phenomenon before right before a sun return(b-day) so i'm not surprized. this time feels different in that i've always had this feeling of insecurity that i'm not fully adult however, now i feel fully a grown woman. a new sense of self-confidence exudes from that feeling. could this have aStrological significance?

lastly, in the past week i've experienced a few surges of intuition that totally surprized me. one was where i heard an instructor's thooughts before she said them outloud. the other was i knew the answer to a secret my mother planned to tell me before she told me. i saw a picture in my mind and it was true. is this just a blip or will my intuition continue to grow stronger in the future? i just want to prepare myself mentally b/c it really rattled me when i heard the instructor's thoughts. she was very hateful!
thanks so much for any insights!

AquarianGoddess

Hi Truthsayer and Happy Birthday!

Just quickly looking at your chart, I'm not surprised that your intuition has been very strong. Transiting Neptune is conjunct your natal Mercury and will continue through 2003. This transit will definitely increase your awareness, intuition and vibes. You have these two planets in square natally, so you're not totally unaccostomed to the energy, but the conjunction does add intensity.

You're coming up on a Uranus opposite Uranus transit and this occurs (for everyone) in the early 40's. It can be a time you wish to break free, or it can go by un-noticed.

Neptune square Neptune occurs around the ages of 41-44. You'll be experiencing this next year.

AG

Scorpion

AquarianGoddess (11 Feb, 2002 03:06):
Neptune square Neptune occurs around the ages of 41-44. You'll be experiencing this next year.

AG

Gulp! Not sure I dare ask - I've got it now, had it for over a year in fact (whatever it is): is it contagious?!

Seriously, I'm quite interested - I've never had a proper horroscope done and I'd be interested to learn - particularly as I think it would add more depth to my Tarot readings. Where does one start?

truthsayer

AquarianGoddess (11 Feb, 2002 03:06):
Hi Truthsayer and Happy Birthday!

Just quickly looking at your chart, I'm not surprised that your intuition has been very strong. Transiting Neptune is conjunct your natal Mercury and will continue through 2003. This transit will definitely increase your awareness, intuition and vibes. You have these two planets in square natally, so you're not totally unaccostomed to the energy, but the conjunction does add intensity.

You're coming up on a Uranus opposite Uranus transit and this occurs (for everyone) in the early 40's. It can be a time you wish to break free, or it can go by un-noticed.

AG

thank-you so much!!!!!! everything you said definitely hits the mark. i have been piddling w/ the idea of breaking with some out molded ideas that don't work for me anymore about 3 years now. the question always has been--are you willing to face your shadow? because if you make this choice your will experience a reawakening and new life in about 2 years.(kind of like "use the force luke!!") for one i'm in nursing school and i will graduate may 2003. i want to use my rn to specialize in alternative healing and therapeutic touch. i've seen this image for the past 17 years but i haven't known how i'm going to do it til now. at first i have tried to do nursing school w/o committing myself but recently i've realize that this program asks for nothing but a total commitment from me. i finally feel like i can let go and do this and cease the stagnant/dormant period i was in in my thirties.

i just feel so excited and alive!! it makes me feel better to gain confirmation that what i'm sensing is right on target. thank you so much! i wonder what that nursing instructor will do the next time i "hear" what she's thinking and answer her before she says it! roflmao!! i've been doing this w/ my hubby a lot lately but i just i thought it was b/c we've known each other so long. (((((((((((((aquarian goddess)))))))))))))))))) :)

AquarianGoddess

Gulp! Not sure I dare ask - I've got it now, had it for over a year in fact (whatever it is): is it contagious?!

It's only contagious if someone is around your age!

Seriously, I'm quite interested - I've never had a proper horroscope done and I'd be interested to learn - particularly as I think it would add more depth to my Tarot readings. Where does one start?

You can start by searching the Internet to see if there is an astrological association in your area and from there you can find an instructor. If not, there are a ton of beginner books on the market; correspondence courses and online courses are also available. It just depends on which method you prefer.

For most newcomers it's confusing in the beginning, especially learning the "aspects", so it probably would behoove you to have an instructor.

Good luck!
AG

truthsayer

LouiQ,
barnes and noble university had a free course offered. i joined it but wasn't able to complete it. i looked at the book to be used in the class and i think the material is top rate for a beginner to more advanced. i encourage you to check it out. i started w/ the only way to learn astrology series many moons ago. i don't even know if they are still in print. the astrology for dummies book doesn't look too bad or the only way to learn astrology.

AG,
are there any ephemerises out for the 21st century yet? i really feel crippled w/o one yet i have been unable to find one at any bookstore. i have found bits and pieces of an ephemeris on line but i'd really rather have a book. i forgot that i can get a free progressed chart done on this one site. i'll check it out to further my study of the road ahead. ;) can you recommend any good computer programs that would be compatible w/ winME? i can find programs but i doubt they are compatible w/ ME. thanks!

AquarianGoddess

Truthsayer, first, best of luck in your studies!

I don't know where around the globe you're located, but if you're in the US you can try
www.astrocom.com (they're located in California) for an ephemeris. Sometimes they have copies that are scuffed and are 50% off, but you have to ask for a scuffed copy. The new ones have been out for a few years now and I bought mine at a local bookstore. Any Barnes & Noble or Borders carries lots of astrology books. If you're in another country, sorry I can't be of help but you can search the Net.

As for the program, Solar Fire 5 is the best on the market (www.alabe.com), although I don't have it, I've used it many times and it's terrific. Expensive though, $300.00. You can find programs for less, Winstar isn't bad (www.thenewage.com) and you can also try www.halloran.com. I would think they're all compatible with WindowsME.

And yes, "The Only Way to Learn Astrology" series of books by McEvers & March are still in print.

Scorpion

AG and Truthsayer,

Many thanks for the tips - I shall have a look around. I've already found a site with a basic glossary which makes me feel I understand a bit more, although I know there's a vast amount to study and I doubt I'll ever be talking as knowledgably as you lot!

Cheers!