what do you use for carrying your lenormand cards? pouch, bag, clothes

Barleywine

I make my own little bags for the decks that don't come in a tin. It's fun to buy yarn and pick a pattern and crochet a little Lenormand bag. I also made a tin for my Blue Owl.

I keep the original boxes but I feel they get damaged so quickly. A nice crochet bag holds and protects the decks better. Since I nearly always carry a tarot and/or Lenormand with me, bags have to be more than decorative.

For my Lenormand decks, I admit I have been less creative than for the tarot bags. For tarot, I found that a cruciform wrap is very useful as spreadcloth-on-the-go. I didn't yet design something similar for my Lenormands - for three-times-three spread for example.

That's an idea!!! Off to the yarn shop today...

Very nice! If my grandmother was still alive, she could knit me some pouches instead of the endless stream of slightly odd slippers she used to produce. At one time she was a playing-card reader, so she would have understood.

lantana

My regular copy of the Seeker's Lenormand is kept out on my altar, because it never leaves home and with how much I use it everyday I would be wearing out that little tuck box within a month. I put it up if the deck needs to be put away for any reason.

My mini copy is also in its tuck box, kept inside the inner pocket of my rucksack.

A pouch might be a good idea... I'd love to find a tin for the mini one, since it was an exclusive version and I'd be bummed if something were to happen to it.

snowmoon

My regular copy of the Seeker's Lenormand is kept out on my altar, because it never leaves home and with how much I use it everyday I would be wearing out that little tuck box within a month. I put it up if the deck needs to be put away for any reason.

My mini copy is also in its tuck box, kept inside the inner pocket of my rucksack.

A pouch might be a good idea... I'd love to find a tin for the mini one, since it was an exclusive version and I'd be bummed if something were to happen to it.

hi,

since it was an exclusive version

then i would most likely to leave it at home, i will get a cheap lenormand cards then carry it with me.

i usually use cosmetic pouch for it. easy to carry and take out. because most tin box, candy box , the size is not fit at all.

thank-you.

DownUnderNZer

Now I feel guilty for using a dart board at home for a different way of selecting and as of late wanting to set up a Roulette Wheel for some of my Lenormand cards to do random spin around selections. :party:

As for on the go....they are inside their boxes in a side pocket of whatever bag or a special clip bag that fits one Tarot deck and 3 other smaller decks perfectly and even their books if need be.

If too lazy - Lenormand App on the phone.

DND:)

I make my own little bags for the decks that don't come in a tin. It's fun to buy yarn and pick a pattern and crochet a little Lenormand bag. I also made a tin for my Blue Owl.

I keep the original boxes but I feel they get damaged so quickly. A nice crochet bag holds and protects the decks better. Since I nearly always carry a tarot and/or Lenormand with me, bags have to be more than decorative.

For my Lenormand decks, I admit I have been less creative than for the tarot bags. For tarot, I found that a cruciform wrap is very useful as spreadcloth-on-the-go. I didn't yet design something similar for my Lenormands - for three-times-three spread for example.

That's an idea!!! Off to the yarn shop today...

celticnoodle

I carry mine around in their original box that they came in. Like someone else mentioned, when I am not using them, they are on a shelf stacked up on each other.

Nemia, what lovely little purses you made for your decks! I love them!

snowmoon

Now I feel guilty for using a dart board at home for a different way of selecting and as of late wanting to set up a Roulette Wheel for some of my Lenormand cards to do random spin around selections. :party:

As for on the go....they are inside their boxes in a side pocket of whatever bag or a special clip bag that fits one Tarot deck and 3 other smaller decks perfectly and even their books if need be.

If too lazy - Lenormand App on the phone.

DND:)

hi, Lenormand App is a good idea for on the go! i like to use the actual deck, the lenormand cards is more easy to carry then tarot and oracle cards.

so i only carry the lenormand cards now. i put few deck (tarot, oracle cards, lenormand cards) , cloth, everything in a bag only for work.

thank-you.

snowmoon

I carry mine around in their original box that they came in. Like someone else mentioned, when I am not using them, they are on a shelf stacked up on each other.

Nemia, what lovely little purses you made for your decks! I love them!

hi, all of my deck doesn't come with the box, so i use pouch, bags for it.

i put what i have to carry with me in a bag only for work. i put other decks in drawer , because i need to use thew often.

thank-you.

Le Fanu

With Tag's historic decks, I always bought a tin so all of those decks have a different tin which offers great protection.

I also pick up old leather cigarette cases at the flea market and clean them up and rehydrate the leather. I have some beautiful ones which are quite a good fit. Plus I always keep my eyes open for old tins and then line them with fabric or tissue paper to keep the cards clean. Attached below is one I found last week for 2 euros - an old Moorish-style cigarette tin from Brussels which is an exact fit for the Blue Bird Lenormand. This is the deck (and now tin) which I have in my work bag all the time.

Attachments

• LenormandTin.JPG
    LenormandTin.JPG
    235.6 KB · Views: 143

snowmoon

With Tag's historic decks, I always bought a tin so all of those decks have a different tin which offers great protection.

I also pick up old leather cigarette cases at the flea market and clean them up and rehydrate the leather. I have some beautiful ones which are quite a good fit. Plus I always keep my eyes open for old tins and then line them with fabric or tissue paper to keep the cards clean. Attached below is one I found last week for 2 euros - an old Moorish-style cigarette tin from Brussels which is an exact fit for the Blue Bird Lenormand. This is the deck (and now tin) which I have in my work bag all the time.

hi, a tin is relly good idea for protect the deck. it is hard to find a good size for the deck.

line them with fabric or tissue paper to keep the cards clean

it is a nice idea, i don't wrap the fabric for the deck, i keep one of my deck in a tin. the rest is either in tarot bag, or cosmetic pouch.

thank-you.

Grizabella

I have a padded t-shirt kind of bag with velcro closure that my daughter gave me and she said it was originally for some kind of game stuff like kids like to use. It's the right size to hold my Gilded Reverie, my Fin de Ceicle, my Mystical Kipper, my Mystical Lenormand and a couple of sort of unattractive homemade spread cloths for each of the sizes of the decks. They all just fit right in there and are easy to store and to take along with me if I go somewhere.