Going away

lantana

I rarely leave the house without a deck, so I definitely pack one when going away. For a short day or even week trip I try to keep it to one or two (one will usually be a Lennie) even if I probably won't end up using it. For longer trips, well... Gotta be prepared, right? :D

Wishing you and your son the best on the surgery!

Cocobird55

I always take a deck or two if I'm going to be gone overnight.

JackofWands

I don't bring a deck with me every time I leave the house, but I always pack one if I'm going to be spending the night elsewhere. If, for some reason, I have to be discreet, then I'll pack a playing deck I have, which basically just looks like a poker pack with extra cards.

celticnoodle

Some people when they go out of town pack a Bible or similar thing to take with them. Do you take a tarot deck when you have to go out of town?

I always pack a tarot deck and sometimes an Oracle deck as well, and also always a lenormand that I am still trying to learn. These decks along with two decks of playing cards & my rosary go on every trip I go on, so it gets a bit crowded in my suitcase & purse! :laugh: sometimes I also pack my crystals too. :D

My eight year old son is having surgery on Monday and I will have to stay overnight at the hospital with him that night. I wanted to pack a deck but didn't know if that was weird. I might need it lol.

((:)heart:))) oh, the poor dear & poor you too! You should ask for prayers for your son on the prayer list here,under the Spiritual forum. I will keep you both in my prayers & hope all goes well for you both. It's not easy as a parent when your baby has to go through such things.

Yes, you might be asked for some readings too! I know you are a beginner from your other posts, but do take advantage of them if you can. Great practice for you! Just throw out one to three cards to keep it simple & don't worry about having to peek in the book. Tell them you are a beginner & they will still be happy to get a free reading. Plus as I mentioned, it's great practice & a great confidence booster too!

nisaba

Some people when they go out of town pack a Bible or similar thing to take with them. Do you take a tarot deck when you have to go out of town?

Hell, darlin', I take a Tarot deck if I leave the *HOUSE*!

EmpyreanKnight

Yup, I eithet take a deck for study or a fat book for when I get bored.

VGimlet

I always have a deck with me, and if I'm going on an overnight or longer I take my deck of the week(s) as well, and my tarot journal.

BrightEye

Do you take a tarot deck when you have to go out of town?

Always. Unless I go to a place where I already have a stash of Tarot decks deposited, like my mum's house.

Migdal93

I'd love to take a deck with me in my bag at all times! But I am honestly afraid of doing so. My country is *extremely* catholic and I got called the "devil's worker" for a simple interest in wicca.... Yeah.

There are some pretty awesome people with no prejudice aganist cards (like my family :D ) but those are hard to find. I just don't want the attention! Or the frowns. So, tarot in public? Hell no. I do miss it though, can't lie!

But yes, if I'm going on vacation, of course those are going with me! Can't imagine not taking my TdM.

All the best to your son btw!!! Hope it all goes great.

Nicalo

I usually have an Oracle deck and a tarot deck I also like to bring my medicine deck it's interesting. I may or may not use it but it's fun to have just incase. Also I have heard a lot of talk about the tarot aps on the phones maybe this could benefit you and those of you who need to be a little more discreet.. good luck to you and your son. You guys are in h thoughts and prayers