Sun, 4 of Swords, King of Cups

Jennalyn

Hi everyone! I wondered if I might get some insight into these three cards. In the "What does he feel for her" position, the Sun, 4 of Swords and King of Cups came out. They don't seem to have anything in common so I'm a bit confused. I thought the Sun could mean his feelings for her are very 'sunny', warm, loving - she makes him happy - but the King of Cups could mean he is choosing to keep his feelings a secret. I'm not sure where the 4 of Swords comes in (maybe his feelings are confusing him so he's taking a mental break from it all) - but I also can't tell if this means his feelings are romantic or not. I'd assume they are with the King of Cups.

Any thoughts would be highly welcome!

rwcarter

4S could represent just taking a break in general from trying to figure out what his feelings for her are. There's a hint that trying to figure this out has tired him out. The Sun indicates that his feelings are generally warm and friendly, although that's not romantic. Although he's a water sign, the KC gives a more friendly than romantic vibe. Overall the cards give a friendship vibe. Probably not what the Querent wants to hear, but that's what the cards say to me.

Rodney

Intotouch

Why do you pick three cards to answer one question? That's almost definitely going to be confusing. My advise is to ask again and choose one card only. If you'd like more information maybe draw a card for how he'll feel about her in three months too. One card.

rwcarter

Why do you pick three cards to answer one question? That's almost definitely going to be confusing. My advise is to ask again and choose one card only. If you'd like more information maybe draw a card for how he'll feel about her in three months too. One card.
I can't speak for Jennalyn, but I've noticed a trend over the last few years of people pulling three cards for each position in a spread instead of just one. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, but to each his/her own. It's not my place to judge.

Jennalyn

Rodney, thanks for your response. I agree with the mental exhaustion side and needing to take a break from his feelings - 4 of Swords keeps coming up - however, if his feelings are purely platonic, why does he feel exhausted by them? That's what led me towards thinking there was some element of romance in there - perhaps also sexual; the situation is also a forbidden one so I could see why it may be causing him strain. King of Cups has always represented secret feelings for me in readings, but I appreciate your insight into the 'friend' nature of the Sun and KoC together.

IntoTouch - I haven't been reading for as long as some people, but I've found what works for me and what doesn't. I pull three cards in the feelings position because I can personally gain more insight into what they're feeling than I could if I just pulled one card - the cards tell a story to me; I'm not an intuitive reader and I rely on pulling several cards in one position in order to give me more detail/insight into a situation. This is part of a 9 card spread regarding a person's feelings/thoughts/desires, etc, and it hasn't failed me in the past. But obviously, sometimes I like a bit of extra insight from other readers.

Grizabella

I often use three cards per position. I like bigger spreads so three cards to a position isn't unusual the way I read. I use a 9-card spread quite often. I just get a better picture of what's going on using more cards. It's kind of the 3-card spread on steroids. :p

Puffette

Hi everyone! I wondered if I might get some insight into these three cards. In the "What does he feel for her" position, the Sun, 4 of Swords and King of Cups came out. They don't seem to have anything in common so I'm a bit confused. I thought the Sun could mean his feelings for her are very 'sunny', warm, loving - she makes him happy - but the King of Cups could mean he is choosing to keep his feelings a secret. I'm not sure where the 4 of Swords comes in (maybe his feelings are confusing him so he's taking a mental break from it all) - but I also can't tell if this means his feelings are romantic or not. I'd assume they are with the King of Cups.

Any thoughts would be highly welcome!

The sun means this man will reveal something about his life,his feelings,maybe his past. If the 4 of swords is next to the King of cups then it shows he's healing from a deception,a suffering so at this point even if he got feelings he's got them under control. Could be also an illness on the back of this guy,maybe he's recovering from something.
His feelings and whatever he thinks he will have it revealed with his own mouth. Its just a matter of timing. Sun in general meant for me an action not a feeling per se. It says that things will get clear and every doubt shall be no more. King of cups is romantic and has genuine feelings but he tends to be too bossy and like a crab. He's not ecstatic and open like the king of wands.. But he will get the courage to say it loud in the end. He just needs time to think and a break to take care of his business and when he's ready he shall express himself.

Jennalyn

The sun means this man will reveal something about his life,his feelings,maybe his past. If the 4 of swords is next to the King of cups then it shows he's healing from a deception,a suffering so at this point even if he got feelings he's got them under control. Could be also an illness on the back of this guy,maybe he's recovering from something.
His feelings and whatever he thinks he will have it revealed with his own mouth. Its just a matter of timing. Sun in general meant for me an action not a feeling per se. It says that things will get clear and every doubt shall be no more. King of cups is romantic and has genuine feelings but he tends to be too bossy and like a crab. He's not ecstatic and open like the king of wands.. But he will get the courage to say it loud in the end. He just needs time to think and a break to take care of his business and when he's ready he shall express himself.

Thanks Puffette!

I like what you said about the 4 of Swords next to the King of Cups - it makes sense. A few of months ago, his girlfriend of four years left him for another man. But then this other girl came along and "healed" him, so to speak - so I was wondering if he'd developed feelings for her because of the kindness she showed him after the break-up with his ex. I also appreciate your take on the Sun. I'm curious to know what happens next.