Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Books Free Tarot Readings Forum Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Thoth Tarot

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your Tarot cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot lovers, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post your thoughts, share readings, search, save threads, view extra boards and more.

post a reply

Spiffo 
Accidental Warlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyros View Post
I agree, I ultimately tend to treat them both as being simultaneously in both places in some way. It works especially well if we assume the double loop to be a Moebius.
Without wanting to appear elitist; individuals evolve at different rates. I get that AC was happily living in the Aeon of Horus, with occasional forays back into the Aeon of Osiris, if the more outrageous tales are to contain at least a kernel of truth. I also get that the Aeon of Osiris follows the Aeon of Isis, and in turn gives way to the Aeon of Horus (hurrah, because that's a cool Aeon). So I figure the transition between Aeons is not like an on/off switch, it's gradual, with peaks and troughs, of influence, during the transition. I feel in my own self deep stirrings of Horus-ian Will and yet have to function in a world of (seemingly) Osiris-ian energy and materiality. Bugger.

Anyway, that's how I see the whole Emperor/Star thing playing out. In meditations with those cards, and their duel roles, if you will, I've found being able to use them in both attributive-forms, that their purpose and power is enhanced. I even dare to wonder if this is not exactly what AC intended. ⊕

"We love those who lead us to a place we could not reach without them." N Mailer
Spiffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Days Ago Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #11
Zephyros 
Jedi

I don't know if Crowley was actually living in the Aeon of Horus, exactly. He was the one to usher it in, certainly, but he was certainly a product of the Aeon of Osiris, was aware of his Thelemic shortcomings and expresses himself to the effect. He also used the symbolic language of the old Aeon in his teachings because he knew his students would themselves be products of that Aeon and would better understand him.

I see him more as a Moses-figure, arriving at the shore of the River Jordan but being unable to enter the Promised Land.

Old 5 Days Ago Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #12
Spiffo 
Accidental Warlock

Quote:
I see him more as a Moses-figure, arriving at the shore of the River Jordan but being unable to enter the Promised Land.
He'd love that.

"We love those who lead us to a place we could not reach without them." N Mailer
Spiffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Days Ago Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #13
Aeon418 
Citizen

Just to be clear, Seckler does switch the IV and XVII cards as per Crowley, but she also switches the attributions of the 32 Paths of Wisdom (These can be found tabulated in 777, table XIII.) and weaves it into her interpretation.

In my opinion switching the Path Intelligences is a step too far. Crowley envisioned a card swap, not a path swap. Correspondences that are clearly linked to a card should move with the card (astro signs, colours etc.), but path correspondences stay put and are reframed within the new interpretative matrix of the card.

Table XIII is one of those rare instances where the card swap makes no difference.

Old 5 Days Ago Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #14
Aeon418 
Citizen

Quote:
Moses never entered Zion. Crowley had to as part of his mission to take the next step.

(Zion) TzIVN = 156 = BABALON.

Only after Crowley made the crossing did he begin to examine the attribution of the path of Heh in the light of his own experience. Up till then this part of the 'map' was theoretical.

Old 5 Days Ago Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #15
foolMoon 
Citizen

Didn't know Sekler was a Jungian. This is an excellent and rich Thoth Tarot book based on ToL and Astrology, and goes well with the Duquett's "Understanding Thoth Tarot" book.

Old 1 Day Ago Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #16
  post a reply

Latest Threads in Tarot Decks

Latest Threads in Talking Tarot

Latest Threads in Using Tarot Cards

Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade your account to subscriber today