GT practice - five cards in their houses

RAphrodite

Hello everyone,

I have been practising GT (8×4+4) by doing one weekly. And making close notes on how I'm reading the cards and what actually happens.

I just laid out a GT for next week, and I have five cards which landed in their houses. So Letter in the house of Letter, Coffin the House of Coffin, Fox in the house of Fox and so on

The quetent card is me, Woman. One card (letter) falls in the present, the rest are in the future (later in the week). I am on the top line of the spread as well.

To me, it seems like these cards are demanding my attention, except I'm not sure how to read them.

If we do present to future,

Letter Fox Snake Bear Coffin
Bad news, with boss/financial industry/, and rival (snake)

If we go by houses,

Snake Coffin Fox Bear Letter
Bad news, financial turnaround relating to job (Fox)

Just FYI, usually when I read Bear, I read it in regards to my present boss. A colleagues mother passed away on Friday. So maybe it's just repeating the colleagues mothers death (bear+coffin) and how that may affect the project we are working on.

However, when I look at the fated cards, the Fish card seems fine, Anchor is with Mountain (which could talk about stagnant). One more thing, the It system in the UK hospitals has been hit, which also affects my work.

So, any advice on how to read these cards?

Thanks

BeyondtheVeil

Hi RAphrodite!

I have clicked on your thread several times, but I am new myself. I just didn't want you to think people were ignoring you. I think we are all just learning and sort of confused ourselves. lol

Do you have a book for Lenormand? Do you have a certain system that you are following?

I just received the book The Essential Lenormand: Your Guide to Precise & Practical Fortunetelling By: Rana George. It has a lot of helpful info in it, but like you.. I sometimes need a person in real life to help out.

Again, I'm sorry that I couldn't help yet as I'm still learning. I hope that some of the more experienced people will chime in and help you out. I could also learn from what you get help with, so I am tagging along on your thread also.

Hugs,
BeyondtheVeil

RAphrodite

Hi RAphrodite!

I have clicked on your thread several times, but I am new myself. I just didn't want you to think people were ignoring you. I think we are all just learning and sort of confused ourselves. lol

Do you have a book for Lenormand? Do you have a certain system that you are following?

I just received the book The Essential Lenormand: Your Guide to Precise & Practical Fortunetelling By: Rana George. It has a lot of helpful info in it, but like you.. I sometimes need a person in real life to help out.

Again, I'm sorry that I couldn't help yet as I'm still learning. I hope that some of the more experienced people will chime in and help you out. I could also learn from what you get help with, so I am tagging along on your thread also.

Hugs,
BeyondtheVeil

Hi BtV,

Thank you for the thoughtful message. I do know about the Rana George book, however never read it. Does she say something about cards landing in their houses? I'll try to look online.

Thanks again

decan

With a GT, and I am learning as well, something to wonder is if specific cards are close to, or far away from the significator card, in your case the Woman.
Therefore, to begin, you should check out these 5 cards with regard to that.
For the Coffin, the Snake and the Fox, it's probably better if they are far.
For the Letter and the Bear if they are close this could be fine.

Personaly I take a look at my significator card and at the cards just beside.
Of Course I look at the Clouds (far it's fine!), at the Star (close it's great), and so on.
It seems that a GT (for me) covers a fairly long period (a bit more than 3 months), but maybe it's something personal, I don't know. I recognize that I doesn't specify a period (nor a question) when I do a GT.

Barleywine

RAphrodite, do you have the ability to attach or link photos? It would help in understanding the flow of the reading, since I'm having some trouble visualizing the sequence.

Just looking at the first series of five cards as present-to-future, this suggests getting an untrustworthy message about an investment of some kind that may portend a financial loss. (It might also mean that your boss will get fired.) The advice would be to not act without thinking, since some kind of scam could be involved.

Without seeing the actual card positions in the layout, I can't say much about the houses as they relate to the situation, but I'm not inclined to give them too much weight in any case, except to note that cards in their own houses deserve additional emphasis.

RAphrodite

RAphrodite, do you have the ability to attach or link photos? It would help in understanding the flow of the reading, since I'm having some trouble visualizing the sequence.

Just looking at the first series of five cards as present-to-future, this suggests getting an untrustworthy message about an investment of some kind that may portend a financial loss. (It might also mean that your boss will get fired.) The advice would be to not act without thinking, since some kind of scam could be involved.

Without seeing the actual card positions in the layout, I can't say much about the houses as they relate to the situation, but I'm not inclined to give them too much weight in any case, except to note that cards in their own houses deserve additional emphasis.
Hi Thanks BW

Hi, a scam, okay, I'll keep my eyes open. And about my boss as well. I've attached the GT spread here (sorry, if its a bit unseat). It's Celtic lenormand. Sorry, in case you're not familiar with it, the broom = whip

84b4124549dbe1d8a600d1a334ee5afd.jpg

May Week 3
Houses - Cards

1. Rider - Sun

2. Clover - Stork

3. Ship - Woman

4. House - Lily

5. Tree - Mice

6. Clouds - Scythe

7. Snake - Snake

8. Coffin - Coffin

9. Bouquet - Cross

10. Scythe - House

11. Whip - Clover

12. Birds - Moon

13. Child - Star

14. Fox - Fox

15. Bear - Bear

16. Stars - Book

17. Stork - Whip

18. Dog - Anchor

19. Tower - Clouds

20. Garden - Heart

21. Mountain - Fish

22. Crossroad - Tower

23. Mice - Garden

24. Heart - Man

25. Ring - Birds

26. Book - Ship

27. Letter - Letter

28. Man - Key

29. Woman - Rider

30. Lily - Dog

31. Sun - Crossroads

32. Moon - Tree

33. Key - Bouquet

34. Fish - Child

35. Anchor - Mountain

36. Cross - Ring

RAphrodite

With a GT, and I am learning as well, something to wonder is if specific cards are close to, or far away from the significator card, in your case the Woman.
Therefore, to begin, you should check out these 5 cards with regard to that.
For the Coffin, the Snake and the Fox, it's probably better if they are far.
For the Letter and the Bear if they are close this could be fine.

Personaly I take a look at my significator card and at the cards just beside.
Of Course I look at the Clouds (far it's fine!), at the Star (close it's great), and so on.
It seems that a GT (for me) covers a fairly long period (a bit more than 3 months), but maybe it's something personal, I don't know. I recognize that I doesn't specify a period (nor a question) when I do a GT.

Thanks Dean, that makes a lot of sense. I haven't tried the near far method, will look into it. The significator card is in the House of Ship, so, yes far from Fox, snake and coffin.

I think its quite reasonable to use a GT for three months. I have a three month spread as well. Except it takes too long (three months!) to get a full assessment of how correct or incorrect my reading was. Hence the weekly exercise. I do it mostly as a mental exercise.

Thanks again

Barleywine

Thanks for providing the detail. I will lay this out with my usual deck and provide comments later today or tomorrow.

RAphrodite

Thanks for providing the detail. I will lay this out with my usual deck and provide comments later today or tomorrow.

Appreciate that. thank you BW :)

decan

Thanks Dean, that makes a lot of sense. I haven't tried the near far method, will look into it. The significator card is in the House of Ship, so, yes far from Fox, snake and coffin.

I think its quite reasonable to use a GT for three months. I have a three month spread as well. Except it takes too long (three months!) to get a full assessment of how correct or incorrect my reading was. Hence the weekly exercise. I do it mostly as a mental exercise.

Thanks again
Concerning the Bear: it is far from your Significator card but surrounded by bad cards (Fox, Snake, Coffin).
A possible interpretation is that you won't be in a strong position, with the power to act, or the protection of those who can support you.
There may be some distrust with regard to your hierarchy at work.
A passage in one of my books says that with the Bear far and surrounded by bad cards, it is better to trust only to those who are closest and to watch out those who can benefit from your misfortune (allies can plot against you).

Well, put this into perspective of course!!
Anyway probably not the best week to ask for a raise or a promotion!
Just an interpretation, does it make sense nevertheless?