Oranum- Pirating decks

Dee Ell

😬 As an artist this makes me so angry and as TreeLeafe said, who knows how many lesser known artists this was done to... The gall of these companies (I've seen artists have their work stolen by BIG companies and printed on tshirts to sell in their department stores, printed on BILLBOARDS etc, it's just mind blowing especially since these are independent artists against million dollar companies). I know Instagram is supposed to be great but I don't post anything there bc so many people's work gets pirated there. Such a sad state of affairs.

I really hope Karen is able to do more than just get the posts taken down - I hope they get compensation!!

Aeric

It's important for Baba's followers to have screengrabbed as many of those pages as possible before they went down. Baba is pursuing full legal action and those images are the only visual evidence that the bootlegs existed. If you took any, send them to Karen!

Oranum is in for it...

DaughterOfDanu

It's important for Baba's followers to have screengrabbed as many of those pages as possible before they went down. Baba is pursuing full legal action and those images are the only visual evidence that the bootlegs existed. If you took any, send them to Karen!

Oranum is in for it...

I'll be curious to see exactly what will happen. I'm not sure that Oranum will be shut down, but more than likely I could see financial reimbursement going to Baba Studios.

Has anyone followed tarot pirating cases before? What was the outcome?

I wonder if the fact that this isn't some small no-name foreign company will be a factor.

Sulis

They still have a video on their Instagram site where the reader is using the pirated deck.. I've just left a comment asking if that's a pirated copy of a Baba Studio's deck with their company name on the back of it.. Let's see how long my comment stays up.. I've also said that it's very bad practice to be ripping off someone else's work.

Pachee

They still have a video on their Instagram site where the reader is using the pirated deck.. I've just left a comment asking if that's a pirated copy of a Baba Studio's deck with their company name on the back of it.. Let's see how long my comment stays up.. I've also said that it's very bad practice to be ripping off someone else's work.
Try and get a screen shot if you can

Sent from my LG-K373 using Tapatalk

nicky

We can discuss Oranum and pirating in a general sense but Karen has made it extremely clear that neither images of her decks nor anything she writes or posts are allowed to be put up on ATF. Hence I removed the link to her post.

Is this the discussing only the VR pirating thread or can we discuss how nobody cares about the Rohrig bootlegs for example ?

Sulis

Try and get a screen shot if you can
It's been taken down.

Dee Ell

Is this the discussing only the VR pirating thread or can we discuss how nobody cares about the Rohrig bootlegs for example ?

I'm guessing it's because the pirating of the VR directly affects the creators (being a small, self-published studio) whereas the pirating of the Rohrig directly affects the big publishing company of the deck.

That's just a guess of course as I'm an artist myself and don't support pirated goods nor the people illegally profiting from them...

nicky

I'm guessing it's because the pirating of the VR directly affects the creators (being a small, self-published studio) whereas the pirating of the Rohrig directly affects the big publishing company of the deck.

Looking at my Rohrig, it was published by Bluestar communications - not exactly US Games.
So that seems to discount the size of the company being the factor...

That's just a guess of course as I'm an artist myself and don't support pirated goods nor the people illegally profiting from them...

Neither takes anything out of anyone's pocket though, since both are out of print.
It isn't like either of them would be selling up against these lower priced decks...

nicky