Starting a Tarot Club

nisaba

Why don't you copy this thread over into the meet-ups sub-forum that I linked to earlier? People might see it and join up.

Zephyros

Why don't you copy this thread over into the meet-ups sub-forum that I linked to earlier? People might see it and join up.

Because copying threads isn't allowed, and this thread is about the general idea of a Tarot club anyway. A different thread can be opened over there specifically for that. :)

nicky

The meet up has truly been one of the most rewarding things I have ever been a part of.

me toooooooooooo awwwwwwwwwwwwww
N

Seldes Katne - the effort will payoff 1000x fold - good luck :)

Seldes Katne

me toooooooooooo awwwwwwwwwwwwww
N

Seldes Katne - the effort will payoff 1000x fold - good luck :)

Thank you, nicky. I haven't started a club since high school, so this will be a whole new experience.

Same here, but further west between Corning/Hammondsport. There is nothing in this area at all. I was rather surprised that Corning does not host a group. :mad:http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/sad/sad.gif

I'm surprised there's nothing out that way, too. I think there was a group starting up in Ithaca, but that's a long drive for me, and much of it is over secondary roads, which gets difficult in the winter.

While I was hoping to start in September, another (non-Tarot) group I belong to just experienced a shake-up, and I may end up taking on the monthly newsletter. So the start date may be pushed back to October. I thought we would start at the library for the first few meetings while we got organized and people got comfortable with the cards and the group; then if we wanted to move someplace more "public," we could take that option.

I'll definitely post in the meet-up section here when we're ready to start. I know there's a group discussing locations in New York City, but we're far enough away that we'd be our own club.

Papa Tango

Keep me apprised on any development of a Tarot group in Binghamton. That is only an hour and a half out of here via I-86, and several times a year I have business in Broome County. Then there is always a nice munch at the Blue Dolphin diner in Apalachin... :cool2:

Ix Chel

A Tarot club would be so nice. But in my area there is no Tarot club.

Papa Tango

A Tarot club would be so nice. But in my area there is no Tarot club.

Sounds like you need to find one other interested party, and work toward developing one!

I did find a new group that is just starting up in Ithaca. However, I am suspect of it for a simple reason--as that it appears that the organizer has a "gender bias" issue. The location is being kept under wraps--one needs to contact the organizer for details. The proviso is that if you are male, one must provide what their interest in tarot is, their history, and details about themselves. Similar is not required if one is female.

I will have to give this some thought. :cool2:

Tanga

I did find a new group that is just starting up in Ithaca. However, I am suspect of it for a simple reason--as that it appears that the organizer has a "gender bias" issue. The location is being kept under wraps--one needs to contact the organizer for details. The proviso is that if you are male, one must provide what their interest in tarot is, their history, and details about themselves. Similar is not required if one is female.

I will have to give this some thought. :cool2:

Hmmmmmm. What's THAT all about?? Lol.

Etene

The proviso is that if you are male, one must provide what their interest in tarot is, their history, and details about themselves. Similar is not required if one is female. I will have to give this some thought. :cool2:
I checked Meetup.com for Ithaca and found Ithaca Tea Tarot Society which sounds like what you describe. The interview process may be a justified defense, to filter out poseurs who feign an interest in esoteric arts to get into a group, find a mark, and play a con. Judging the keywords in its description, this sounds to me like a Safe Space with a Tarot theme. If that's what you seek, great, but judging by your profile on this site, I would guess that you're more interested in discussing the history and application of Tarot, which may be disruptive in the Two Coins manner. ;)