Six of Swords in a dream...

Mooconfusion

Hi everyone,

I had a strange dream last night where I was doing a tarot reading for my mum. There wasn't a question for the reading, at least not one I can remember. I didn't see any major arcana cards but I saw 6 of swords clearly. I can't remember the other two cards. All I remember was that they were minor arcana and one was an 8 and the other one was a 2.

What would you guys do? Would you actually go ahead and do a reading about/for your mum?

nisaba

I would do exactly what you did. I'd talk about the dream here.

If your mother was interested in Tarot, ASK her if she wants a reading, although the message of the cards in the dream was most likely a message for the child-like part of you (the bit that needs mothering), not for your real-life mother.

If she's not interested in Tarot, leave well enough alone. If anyone read for me without my permission, I'd scream a lot. If it were my own daughter, I'd likely bury anything that remains in the backyard.

Mim

Hello Mooconfusion :)

We could as well question psychanalysis' theory to interprete your dream. But there only your own symbols are talking and none of us can know better than you what they mean.

Numerology can also help here. 8 is often considered to be the number of power and ambition and 2, the number of association and also of submission.
Swords have a strong symbolic meaning and what's interesting is that the number 6 is the number of family, loving and care.

I can't go really further alone, these are only some other ways to try to see through this dream. I hope it'll help.

Francesca

Hi everyone,

What would you guys do? Would you actually go ahead and do a reading about/for your mum?

You could ask something like "What do I need to know about my mother's situation?" or "What is the best way for me to proceed in the care of my mother?"

Since your mother's care is a part of your life, it's okay to consult the tarot about it.

Mooconfusion

I would do exactly what you did. I'd talk about the dream here.

If your mother was interested in Tarot, ASK her if she wants a reading, although the message of the cards in the dream was most likely a message for the child-like part of you (the bit that needs mothering), not for your real-life mother.

If she's not interested in Tarot, leave well enough alone. If anyone read for me without my permission, I'd scream a lot. If it were my own daughter, I'd likely bury anything that remains in the backyard.

I don't know if she's interested in tarot. She's Christian and doesn't mind I do it, but I've only recently told her. I got too anxious, because I don't like swords cards and I didn't understand why it appeared in my dream, as I had never dreamt of tarot before. I ended up pulling out 2 cards- 3 and 6 of pentacles.

Mooconfusion

Hello Mooconfusion :)

We could as well question psychanalysis' theory to interprete your dream. But there only your own symbols are talking and none of us can know better than you what they mean.

Numerology can also help here. 8 is often considered to be the number of power and ambition and 2, the number of association and also of submission.
Swords have a strong symbolic meaning and what's interesting is that the number 6 is the number of family, loving and care.

I can't go really further alone, these are only some other ways to try to see through this dream. I hope it'll help.

Hey :)

I definitely have a lot of family stuff going on at the moment and there is always a struggle for power and control. I feel like I'm always having to do as I'm told and it gets very tiring, because I'm not a child.

Thanks for your insight it was most interesting.

Mooconfusion

You could ask something like "What do I need to know about my mother's situation?" or "What is the best way for me to proceed in the care of my mother?"

Since your mother's care is a part of your life, it's okay to consult the tarot about it.

I ended up asking why I dreamt about the 6 of swords, what did my deck wanted to tell me? I got 3 and 6 of pentacles.

nisaba

I ended up asking why I dreamt about the 6 of swords, what did my deck wanted to tell me? I got 3 and 6 of pentacles.

Are you going to have a go at interpreting that?

nisaba

I got too anxious, because I don't like swords cards

As time passes and you get to know them better, you'll get to love all of them. Every single card in your deck is your friend, pointing you towards good things or away from bad things.