Pyschobilly Tarot

BrownBear

The art work is high quality, but I'm finding the pin up for the Empress
a little misogynistic. I am guessing this won't be a deck for me. Best of luck with it though.

Zipgun

I understand where you are coming from. Pin ups are inherently hyper sexualized, and also a big part of the genre. We are trying to go more in the direction of Bunny Yeager, women comfortable AND in charge of their sexuality, as much as we can. Hopefully we will succeed in this. We have made the decision and will not do the type of bumbling "ooopsy" pin ups that portray woman as incompetent. As much as I like a lot of Gil Elvgren's works, quite a bit of his stuff falls into the "ooopsy" category.

Zipgun

Three of Swords

New art! first of the minor arcana cards, Three of Swords. This is art set up for card printing, with the flourishes that will be around the out side of the main art. Art for shirts will not have the out side flourishes. All the cards will have the extra flourishes.

Attachments

• 3SWRDS_Card_1xx.jpg
    3SWRDS_Card_1xx.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 177

Inana

Nice art! I like this 3 of swords.

rota

It's the black-velvet-painting aspect of the art that I respond to. The darkness of the backgrounds seems to correspond to the 'outsider' mentality that is likely to be attracted to this potential deck, which evokes tattoo parlors, biker gatherings, 50's greaser stuff, pinball machines, bar fights, chrome bumpers, rockabetty pinup art, and even circus or sideshow imagery. Great stuff -- and I hope-hope-hope that it could become an actual working deck, and not just a collection of cool-but-useless imagery.

Zipgun

Thanks for the kind words Rota. Pretty much exactly what we are trying for. The project started as an idea for a design concept for a few shirts, but has grown. We want to do at least a majors deck, with aces added. We would like to do a full deck. Three designs are being printed as shirts now and serious conversations have already started with card printers.

Zipgun

The Star

New Art- The Star. Eight stars surround the illustration in the frame. Early decks often depicted a woman in blue, we have made the woman blue, making her more etherial/other worldly. The bar, a place of temporary refuge, but not a permanent haven. The Day of the Dead tattoos an acceptance that trauma or disaster has occurred, but also a acknowledgment that it is now in the past. The bartender is sympathetic, the bearer of the possibility, but not the certainly, of hope and merely the starting point for the journey beyond disaster or disillusionment. The liquids pour down and up, two possibilities- ascend above despair or follow it down. A temporary peace granting a glimpse of potentials attainable in the future and the opportunity to learn after a time of healing and recovery.

Attachments

• Star card.jpg
    Star card.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 151

Metafizzypop

I like the looks of this deck a lot, though I do have one comment. It seems like the border takes up a lot of space. The artwork ends up being a tiny little picture in the middle of a big field of black. Seems to me that if there was less of the border, there would be more room for the art.

Just my 2 sheckles.

Zipgun

Ace of Swords

Newest card art. Ace of Swords

Attachments

• AceSwords_Card_small.jpg
    AceSwords_Card_small.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 152

Inana

Great Ace. I agree with Metafizzypop about the border, would be better smaller.