Divination Chest

Amanda

Thanks Amanda for taking the time to read for me. You hit on a bunch of points that resonated.

With that... I'd like to try out your dice sometime. What kind of dice are they?

Thanks for the feedback, it certainly helps since I don't do dice very often! :)

I actually don't even remember how I came across it... I think I was just searching around on the internet for a new method of divination. I actually just tried to look up the page that I printed off from the internet, and I can't find it. Says the address is no longer found, but when I did a Google search, it seems like there are a whole bunch more methods for dice divination now than there used to be when I was looking this up before! (It says in the bottom right corner of the page that I printed this off in 2011!)

All you need is a regular set of dice -- I bought mine from the Dollar Tree because they came in a pack of 5 and they were all different colors for just a buck. The webpage I printed out recommended you utilize dice with different colors so you could correspond them to three different sets of symbols, but if you didn't have different colors they recommended marking them in a way to determine which set of symbols each die would go with. Whatever number you roll corresponds to a symbol in that group specific to that die.

Personally, I think I should change the symbol meanings to suit me better, as these ones seem a little off... they're lacking something. But if you wanted, I could type this up or scan it as it really isn't very long and you could see how I'm working with this. :)

ETA: Here, I found it! It is exactly the same interpretations in exactly the same order that I have, but they just don't list the symbols (Bat, Boat, Cat, etc.) as they were listed when I printed this off from the other site: http://foxhugh.com/divination/dice-fortune-telling/

GotH

Thanks for posting the link. I am going to try it out and see how it works for me. I tried out a different method that seemed to work out for myself but when I tried it out on a thread for fb, it didn't seem so accurate. I ended up abandoning it. I really liked the idea of it though.. Just like anything though, life's events change within minutes sometimes.

This has been a really fun thread as far as experimentation goes. I'm always looking for more ways to practice.

GotH

The chest is open for an exchange to be done tomorrow, Jan 29th. If there is one person who would like to pick something from the chest to exchange with, please sit.

***Keep in mind, you don't need experience with any of this, just an open and willing mind.

See link below for suggestions if you need any.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showpost.php?p=4172986&postcount=1

magpie9

I'll try it....I can give you a junk reading. (I re-named them Gypsy Treasure readings in a fit of marketing, but really they're just junk readings )(I love junk readings...) But I can't do it until sometime tomorrow. Is tthat OK ? I'd like a general, you pick the method, please. :cool3::cool3:

GotH

Hi magpie...

A general gypsy junk reading sounds really interesting. LOL

Okay, I'll see what I can dig up for you today.

I'll be back later...

GotH

Okay magpie..

Since I like to try and mirror the divination used by my exchange partner, I decided to try something similar to what you would be using for me. I had a stack of magazines that I was about to toss in the trash. I decided to randomly go through the various magazines and cut out some pics that were all about the same size and form a "Magazine Picture Oracle." I came up with 31 different "cards." I shuffled them as best as I could, then I fanned them out like I would a regular deck of cards. I then focused on you and pulled 3 cards and grabbed the base card at the bottom. Here's what I got....

Picture 1
Gloomy person with dark shadows around his/her eyes looks out of the window. The person is drawing a downturned line which forms a mouth across the foggy pane as he peers through to the wild life outside.

Looking out of the window, the person seems to have feelings of gloom, despair or a feeling of being kept or trapped in. The squirrels are running about doing their thing on the branches. Squirrels are very busy creatures who are quite active and scurrying around keeping their stashes of food stocked up. It looks like the person either wishes they can do the same thing or is sad about what he sees with the squirrels. The squirrels look fine but the person looks worried. Drawing the frown in the window, I feel that this is the person expressing their sadness and doubt. Perhaps he doesn't see the squirrels at all and is looking beyond them. The reality of life is right in front of him. I feel these are reflections of weathering a storm and wishing to be out and about again.

Picture 2
A Pinocchio type image of a man with a very long nose. He's winking and smiling at the same time while the woman standing next to him is not looking too happy.

Lies! Someone is not being truthful somewhere in the situation... There is an energy of deceit and this could be a reason for the person in the window feeling the way that they do. The white shirt represents the person or situation being either a white lie or there is something or someone who is trying to come off as pure or clean when the reality of it is not so. Someone got caught or is about to be. The length of this man's nose indicates that some deception may have been going on for quite sometime. The smile and wink makes me wonder if he simply doesn't realize the effect this has caused or maybe he does and just doesn't seem to care. The woman wearing red indicates that this has really upset someone very much because of this. Someone is either lying to someone or someone is lying to themselves.

Picture 3
Jack Daniels. This card needs no introduction. This card simply means anything related to alcohol. Here we have a bottle of spirits from Tennessee. Could there be a warning or simply be action based on alcohol. Someone may have a problem with this or someone simply uses it to kill the pain that is associated with the energy from the person in the window, their emotions and what they've had to deal with. Possibly someone's lies lead them to swig from the bottle. (Incidentally, the first image I saw and cut out was a bottle of vodka. I decided to use this picture instead because it was larger in size.) With saying that, I am feeling that alcohol is a big part of the picture right now. This may or may not need addressing in someway but the energy seems very prominent here.

Base Picture
Here is a fun group of goofy apes who seem to be having a blast, traveling and being creative.

Insanity, adventure and fun. Lots of experience. Lots and lots of action. Perhaps this is about a basic need to bust through the cold and get back to being in motion again. Like the squirrels, one needs to keep moving to survive. I find it interesting that the base card and the first card both show cold/frozen energy. This may have something to do with your feelings, being frozen or stuck. The need to break through as the happy characters are doing. There is a desire to want to feel active, excited and perhaps even adventurous again.

Well there it is.. I found using old magazine pics quite pulling. (No Pun Intended!) I may even give these pics some type of uniform backs and actually turn them into my own personal oracle but I'd like to see how they performed for you. If there is no resonance at all, I will simply toss them like I had first intended.

I'm looking fwd to your feedback and return junk reading. :) Thanks for playing!

magpie9

Sorry I've taken so long to respond....I needed to really think about the reading. First of all,it's very accurate. My situation is that with the help of Hospice I'm taking care of my bedbound, completely full care (she can't feed herself or even turn over on her own.) End stage dementia mother. She can't be left alone,so I don't get out much, and have very freedom. I have mixed feelings about doing this...it is my choice but it does get hard....my freedom has always been my most cherished thing. I think the first picture covers that.
I do drink in the evenings, and it does affect my life and thinking.....but I don't drive or get knee-walking drunk. I get mellower and hang out with my housemate and watch tv. I think it helps more than it hurts.
The long nose picture was the one I really had to think deeply about. Exam ed a lot of the aspects of my life and world and came to the conclusion that it's got a lot of relevance in my current life. I don't want to go into it further in a public forum. There's nothing horrible or criminal at all or anything.
With the last picture...I would like considerable more fun and company and freedom and spirituality and creativity and energy in my life right now...and am currently trying to find ways to make that happen. It's a slow process, but at least I have a few idea's at this point.
Thank you for the reading, it really made me think about my situation, and will lead to some good changes.

I hope to post your reading tomorrow. ..I couldn't find the Oracle :bugeyed:and so had to make another!

GotH

Thanks for your feedback magpie. I'm sorry to hear about what you have been going through with your mother and other areas of life. Here's wishing things improve/heal for you all around. No problem with the intimate details on the other parts, just you mentioning that it makes sense to you is all I needed to hear.

Best wishes to you...

G

magpie9

Hi gotH,
Here is your reading at long last. I hope it makes sense to you. I'm a little uncertain with the Oracle being brand new. I took some photos of the reading, which I Will try to post, also. New tablet, new operating system, o dither, o dear.
Sorry, it's just gonna have to be words.
You are represented by an elk tooth.what lands near you is very important. On your left are symbols of presion,keeping tract and counting, detail in general.(knitting stich marker and needle threader. ) above that is work and sacrifice all tangled up together, with a bell close by. Next to that is a big screw. So the left side seems to be talking about your feelings about your work and what it costs you. The bell represents a wake up call. There is a red guitar pick pointing away from all that, seeming to indicate that you may be moving in another, more creative direction soon.
On the right side of you in the center of the reading there is a hand overlapping a key with a game piece nestled close. The tooth points to a very old shell fragment marked by the sea. This indicates that you are very close to the key that opens what you want most urgently to you. The shell can be read in several ways..I think it may be largely about what has been learned over time during your life journey. The game peice is double sided, white side up indicating that you do know what to do to get where you want to be, but perhaps not conciously as yet.Curving up and to the right is a beaded bracelet representing arts, crafts and such...but more importantly creativity. A safety pin has slid over it, with a carved owl at the top end of the bracelet. This indicates that your creativity is what holds things together for you, with the assist of wisdom from various sources.
Finally, there is a hard candy tucked up close to your creativity, showing the sweetness it brings to your life.arching away from the owk &bracelet end is a heart for real love with a bit of coral up againstit. This indicates that following your creativity is the right path for you and will bring you heart deep love (mind, not romance) and community.
I hope this resonates for you. I have no sense of time with it, it could be last year or right now or some time in the future, but these readings usually are pretty immediate. I'll look forward to your feedback but no rush!