Favorite Playing Cards method

silverwings94

Has anyone usd "The Fortune Teller's Deck" by Jane Lyle?
I have had the deck and book for some time and haven't tried them yet.
The cards are beautiful and the book seems very easy to understand.
S

Aristede

silverwings94 said:
Has anyone usd "The Fortune Teller's Deck" by Jane Lyle?
I have had the deck and book for some time and haven't tried them yet.
The cards are beautiful and the book seems very easy to understand.
S

Hi silverwings94,

I used it for a while when it first came out. I agree that the cards are beautiful, and I think the book is excellent. The only reason I didn't stick with it was because I'm not comfortable using reversals with playing cards. But I think it's an excellent system.

Aristede

Aristede

SpiritOfTheDogz said:
How about the domino method :)

Hi SpiritOfTheDogz,

I agree, your domino idea is brilliant! I used to read dominoes years ago, but I don't even think I still own a set. Now I have to dig out the old meanings I used to use because I'm intrigued by your idea of using the cards!

Aristede

Aristede

olivia said:
What is Kepherus system? I can't find anything about it!

Hi Olivia,

I think you mean the Kapherus system. There used to be a blog, and now there's a forum. It's similar to the Regina Russell system and Hedgwytch system.

Aristede

Promise

Hedgwytch is my personal favorite.

It was very immediate for me; I didn't have to spend ages reading and studying and trying to work things out in my brain to get the hang of it. It just kinda made sense to me from the beginning, and I went with it. It flows logically for me, which makes it easier to apply in terms of something you can do regularly.
I love the little rhymes that go with it, and the way it's laid out in three simple rules. You don't have to go read 36 textbooks to use the system.

It's been surprisingly accurate for me, unlike some of the other methods I've tried. And I really enjoy that it's guiding without being overly direct, so I can still use my intuition or rely on the surrounding cards to get a feel for what's really going on.

SpiritOfTheDogz

Aristede said:
Hi SpiritOfTheDogz,

I agree, your domino idea is brilliant! I used to read dominoes years ago, but I don't even think I still own a set. Now I have to dig out the old meanings I used to use because I'm intrigued by your idea of using the cards!

Aristede

Just found some "domino cards" which i might get eventually, but shipping seems a bit steep from otherside the pond so i need to save a little bit first.

Paul

Dark Windy Nights

Aristede said:
Hi Olivia,

I think you mean the Kapherus system. There used to be a blog, and now there's a forum. It's similar to the Regina Russell system and Hedgwytch system.

Aristede

Do you have a link to the forum? Thanks.

Nevermind, I found it atop.

LisaW

which one?

hi Matpoint,
Aristede and I are on the same page, I think. I have Chita's book, and it's actually very good! I forgot that I owned it, as it was a gift awhile back-
I was up for a good part of the night, last night and went through it..it's got a very straightforward system, that reminds me of the gypsy lady's methods that I learnt from with an abbreviated deck.
If I hadn't come across Kapherus blog and forum (blog temporarily down) I probably would have stuck with Chita's method. Alot of Chita's meanings for individual cards are similar to Kapherus, I did a quick comparison this morning, but not all.
Kapherus in one of his writings, gave great kudos to Regina Russell's system, and basically said it was the "mother of all" systems! Kapherus' grandmother was a reader, so he incorporated a few different systems into his...and it's fantastic.
I have ordered Regina Russell's book, thanks to a family member in the states who was willing to send it on to me- (they don't ship outside of the US)- and will have it soon- THEN the real study and comparisons will begin! lol
I know that having learned an abbreviated version, from a professional reader, who has always had phenomenal results...that it's a matter of choosing a system and sticking with it, rather than too many muddying the waters. So in my opinion, if you went with Chita's method, (which I liked) you would get really good results; as would be the case with Kapherus or Regina..I guess it's a matter of how complex you want to get also.
Chita's looked simpler than the other two I've mentioned....those would be my 3 top choices...

don't know if that helps any ! lol but just wanted to add my 2 cents worth :)

let us know what you end up doing!
best wishes,

LisaW

LisaW

about Kapherus

Kapherus' system can be looked at on The Art of Cartomancy forum-
which Matpoint has put up a link to. Kapherus has just returned after an absence, and has redesigned his forum. I just went to visit, and was thrilled to see that he is beginning to post all his meanings on how he reads!!!
This used to be on the former blog--
so it's worth registering and becoming a member, if you can't get Regina Russell's book- because all his great wisdom is being re-posted!! hooray!
What's neat about Kapherus' forum is that he posts exercises for everyone to practice with....you'll learn alot :)

Ok! that's it from me! lol

LisaW

Aristede

SpiritOfTheDogz said:
Just found some "domino cards" which i might get eventually, but shipping seems a bit steep from otherside the pond so i need to save a little bit first.

Ha! I had no idea domino cards even existed. They look like they'd be really cool for reading. I'd be interested to know what you think of them if you decide to get them.

I found my old meanings for the dominoes, and they're very similar to the what you listed in another thread. I tried a mini reading using cards, and the results were surprisingly on target. I think you've developed a great system that really works! :)
Aristede