Seven of Swords - What does he say to you?

spuffy87

I've had it come up when someone was not being honest with me. When I was not being honest with myself, or another person. Also when someone was not being honest with their feelings about someone (which actually was not negative). I see it more as someone who goes about things the wrong way. This is a person that acts and doesn't think. This to me is someone who is completely shameless. It's strange he looks guilty but at the same time proud of his actions. The card seems to really focus more on the two swords that are left behind.

invertedmother

gilded 7 of swords

this card, to me, feels like an aftermath of some sort. the two swords in the foreground suggest that an exchange or a kind of clash has taken place which has left a lingering atmosphere or changed perception.

Thoughtful

Each card in a deck can have so many layers of meaning depending on the question and the cards around them.

I have generally found with this card that on a positive slant it represents going forward and only taking what you really need. He looks back to check he has left behind only those thoughts and ideas he no longer needs. He carry's five swords so he knows he will have challenges ahead but the two remaining swords are him perhaps leaving the stalemate situation he was in.
Cats are very knowing and intuitive and as it looks out from the picture it seems to wait to see how with your intuition you read the card. The man also looks out of the card as if seeking approval "am l doing the right thing".
Through the gateway the grass is very green and lush and the sky is blue with white clouds, it gives me a sense of calm and growth. No dark clouds on the horizon.
We will all gain different perspectives on how we see a card, and its nice to read and share our observations.

HeatherRose

This card to me means different things in different readings. I've had it mean taking stock of your life, keeping what you want and leaving the rest (what no longer serves you) behind you.
I've had it speaking of watching your back, especially in the workplace.
And times when someone is moving forward, and they are taking as much as they possibly can literally in a physical sense and mentally (the man's hands are full of swords), but looking back just one more time, to sort of...say "goodbye" before venturing out into the new horizon.
And finally, trying to hold on, or pick up too much at once can hurt you...those swords are sharp...even though you may be looking at those other swords, with your hands full already (or even your mind full...swords as thoughts, picking up more things to worry about or stress over), and thinking you can take on more, will only weigh you down, or even cut you and then you will really have something to worry about. To me it can be about choosing your thoughts. Choose to put your energy into sharp, hurtful worries, or choose to think more positive thoughts, and take on only what you can (and want to) handle...such as other people's problems...or even problems of the past that you cannot do anything about. Choose to leave them behind, even if you dare to look back over your shoulder at them, do not pick them back up.

snowmoon

the person in this card is very smart, but how does he use it? it could be either good or bad.

sometimes it shows betrayal, thieves.