Tower and the CROWN

Corvinus

What could the crown being blown off the top of the tower represent?
Why a crown?

Abrac

The crown on the Tower represents human power or achievement. The Tower itself is on a high mountaintop, another symbol for the kingdoms of this world. The lightning is totally predictable and if the builders of the tower had been wise rather than arrogant they would have put a lightning rod on top instead of a crown. ;)

On a totally unrelated matter, I can't help but laugh at Waite's comment in the PK, "I agree rather with Grand Orient" (i.e. Waite :laugh:)

KariRoad

"The Tower" or sometimes "The Lightning Struck Tower" are modern titles for La Maison Dieu, which translates as Hospital or Foundation (a funded establishment). So really, the "crown" is the head, and the idea is that what's below is permanent, and what's above is transient. Basically, our vision is the reality, and external forces are distractions. The key may be the answer to: Why is a raven like a writing desk?

ragman

I was wondering the same last night. Notable is that the two falling figures are a man and a woman. The woman still wares a crown but the man does not. My presumption is that the large crown atop the tower was the mans crown therefore making the couple a king and queen.

The fact that the crown was atop the whole tower and not being worn on the kings 'personal' head speaks of the king ruling 'as' (not 'of') the institution represented by the tower and is therefore the impersonal life force. The queen, though still a ruler wares her crown but unlike the king is a subject of the institution itself.

As an example in modern speak, we might imagine such an institute as a corporation. The impersonal life force (king) would be the markets and core businesses and the queen its board of directors.

The 'lightning' strike then indicates to me the 'natural' deposing of the institution.

Love all
ragman