That doohickey that cuts the rounded corners...??

HudsonGray

Is there any way to sharpen the blade on those or must it be thrown out when it becomes too dull to cut cleanly?

blackroseivy

Now THAT is a good question! I have one now, dunno - there is no way in to the blade part! Hadn't thought of it, but no, I bet there isn't - it'll just be junk when it gets dull! :( Bah!!

Kenny

HudsonGray said:
Is there any way to sharpen the blade on those or must it be thrown out when it becomes too dull to cut cleanly?
I know it's a long while since this question has been asked but I remember that someone recommended punching tin foil to sharpen the blades. Not sure how well it works as I have never tried it myself.

morticia monroe

You can sharpen dull scissors easily by cutting sandpaper with them. That might work for these blades as well.

blackroseivy

HAH!! :D

Thanx for THAT tip, I'll need it for my "Tarot of the Ancient Celts" - I have the doohicky, I'll wanna keep it sharp! :D

Baroli

ROFLMAO!!!

I love your technical term of Doohickie. So perfect. LOL To be honest I didn't know it was called a corner cutter. Learn something new everyday.

Baroli

PS sort of like "thingy, or whatchamacallit" All sound and viable tech. terms. :D:D

Chronata

I don't think it's possible to sharpen those things.

I just threw out two that I broke (trying to get through thick lamination. ugh.)

But good news is that they are readily available, and it's fairly cheap to replace them. (although I just blew ten bucks on shipping...which I didn't realize when I hit the OK button on the website!)

blackroseivy

Oh dear, yes you do want to watch that!! :p ESPECIALLY over at eBay where they take you for shipping (that's where I got mine, RATHER pricey shipping-wise)!!

tarotlyn

Corner Rounder Sources

:OL EDITING TO ADD "CORNER ROUNDER" sources - Links

CORNER ROUNDERS

In case you want to trim some more decks :eek:
here are some links I found interesting:

Corner Rounders
:arrow: Click Here for V shaped $5.81/ship $5.20 Corner Rounders

:arrow: Other Brand Rounders on Amazon.com - Click Here

-------------------------------------------------------------------

TRIMMER

Trimmer on Amazon.com
:arrow: CLICK HERE FOR A CARDSTOCK Trimmer

I am getting ready to trim my beloved NEW Druidcraft deck - Why you ask?
Because I cannot shuffle them...they are way too large for my hands.
:heart: Love and Peace!
Lyn

Debra

Those corner rounders with the big button that you push are pretty hard on the thumbs...says one who knows. Look for one with a little lever if you can find it....I found mine at an office supply shop.