What is the best crystal for an empath?

linnie

You probably have your crystal/s by now.. I'm a bit slow arriving at some of these threads :)

If I know I'm going to be doing serious spiritual work, like readings or Journeying, etc, I nearly always grab 3 crystals, and these usually are selected from:

A beautiful clear quartz or citrine (a plain one, and very clear). Often my quartz will have a rainbow in it, to keep the bright side of things always uppermost. That is for connecting with higher realms, and clearing and raising my own energy.

Either smoky quartz or tourmaline, or hematite, as a protective stone, deflecting, absorbing or shielding from disturbing energies.

Jasper, one of the more earthy-coloured, or Mochi balls... for some reason they always make me feel grounded and present.

With a combination of one of each three groups, there is a nice blend of open and receiving, closed or protective, and grounding/reality check :)

If you'd prefer to minimise, you could find a beautiful piece of tourmalinated quartz, so that would meet two needs at once, and then just select a stone that makes you feel grounded... :) Hematite also both protects the aura etc and helps ground... :)

I remember that, as a mid-teen, my best school buddy and I made amazing wire and crystal/hand-made glass bead pipes and wands... No idea what we were thinking they'd be useful for, but it was an artefact thing that I remember from so long ago... I suddenly got the feeling that it is time to make my own crystal 'wand', again, something like the beautiful ones you can buy, but way less fancy...Cool... :) I will play with that idea, I think I'm really meant to do that... (thinking aloud, sorry :)). :heart:

sophiastellarum

I love ocean Jasper for its buffering/cocooning effect.

Glass Owl

I like fluorite when I am around a lot of people. I try to put a small piece of it in one of my front pocket when I am out and about. I also just picked up a piece of black tourmaline which goes into the other pocket. That combination seems to work well for protecting me from the thoughts and energies around me.